Third Party Press

Period Pic - Gew 98 fitted with a telescopic sight

Thanks Dave,
with the photos from my collection and some documents from our federal archive I now have a rough idea what was going on with sniper rifles in the interwar period. But since most documents got lost at the end of WWII and only a few period photos are known it is very daring to make a call about the originality of a Reichswehr sniper rifle. IMHO
Attached another interesting photo. The sniper rifles are K98b with Zielvier scopes whereas the other rifles are regular G98 rifles.
Thanks
Wolfgang

Wolfgang
I would love to find a K98b with Zielvier do You know of any originals in a collection that You think are ORIGINAL???? . I recall the one that we saw on my last trip to Germany , I believe You may recall the Rifle I am speaking of . I spoke by email to this collector awhile back and he said he had sold this K98b Reichswerh Sniper . What Your thoughts on this one ?? Original or Not ???? .

I do also recall this photo you just posted , but not the Diagram/Schematic Drawing , when did You find this one ???? Great Info and Photos my friend !!
:thumbsup:

What Your thoughts on this one ?? Original or Not ???? .

So far I've only seen one original K98b sniper. It is in a museum in Poland. The sad thing about this one is that they do not know what they have and the original K98b stock is on a Gewehr 98. :googlie

Hello,

what is the actual patent number and do you also have any DRGM or DRP numbers for Danzig? great info uncovered.

thanks
vaughn

I think it's the only GwF Danzig related document I've got.
PM sent.

Attachments

• PastedGraphic-1.jpg
    PastedGraphic-1.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 33

Military Rifle Journal
Back