Third Party Press

3rd Reich Coordinated Brand Image

wilecoyote

since forever I've asked myself how the graphic work, intended as coordinated brand image, done during the 3rd Reich, could be so accurately integrated on everything, from the awards to the various combat dress shapes, etc._ that's even more striking when focused on the SS items, included the Waffen SS, from the main logo design, etc.etc._ that considering the relatively short lifespan of their existence, the other priorities of the peacetime, and all the troubles inflicted and sustained on the wartime _ Being my work on the graphic advertising, I have serious doubts that all that could be casual, or coming trom a single "political-only" or "military-only" individual, but it's a fact that I've never seen an accurate job like this, developed & applied to any marketing area, not even today_ I don't know if ever existed, at their time, some departement or staff charged to the design or to the supervision of that, therefore if someone knows some reputable source or sourcebook , I will be really interested about that matter_ thanks to all : any info will be welcomed_

Last edited:
Here is a pdf of the Organizationsbuch der NSDAP if anyone has interest:

http://ia700306.us.archive.org/16/i...NSDAP_3._Auflage_1937_678_S._Scan_Fraktur.pdf
jhv 41,
I've managed to order the book of Mr. Heller, but I must thank you twice, now, for this real McCoy's PDF_
(if, in the future time, you'll find other elements of graphic interest , in particular way if SS/WWSS related, I will be happy to know it: my only regret is that I'm only an enthusiast K98 shooter and reloader, not a true Collector, therefore for me isn't easy balance my debt about the infos shared here !)_
Best Regards

Last edited:
jhv 41,
I've managed to order the book of Mr. Heller, but I must thank you twice, now, for this real McCoy's PDF_
(if, in the future time, you'll find other elements of graphic interest , in particular way if SS/WWSS related, I will be happy to know it: my only regret is that I'm only an enthusiast K98 shooter and reloader, not a true Collector, therefore for me isn't easy balance my debt about the infos shared here !)_
Best Regards

You are welcome!

Don't fret about status as to being a collector or not (my collection is modest as well). I think the makeup of this forum includes all kinds - history buffs, diehard collectors, reenactors, etc. Participation from members while voluntary, is welcome as some truly cool and unique things are brought up.

I feel the forum owners enjoy having a diverse group interested in all facets of this time period (hence, all of the dedicated sub-forum's) not just soley for k98k's.
(probably get flagged for that last comment though!) :facepalm:

Military Rifle Journal
Back