Lots of gold/silver inlay

will take pictures if anyone is interested and wants to help me out

thanks,
-Buddy

pics

i made a imgur album:

https://imgur.com/a/bPS5Z

the little history i have:

my great grand father "Carson" - last name. Lived in Minnesota. He was a dentist. I'm assuming the "C" inlay is for carson. I am also assuming that he did all the work himself because he had the tools needed to inlay gold and silver. Also there are two parts that have some type of antler.

The gun is in perfect condition and I was at the range shooting it yesterday. Fun gun to shoot.

any info would be great!

-buddy

On the top of the receiver there should be some letters and possibly numbers. As an example (but not exclusive to) byf 43. What do you see there?

image.jpg

KJ

Hi,

The receiver marking is 'bcd' and '4'. The 'c' in bcd has been drilled through for the scope screw.

Your rifle was a German K98k made by Wilhelm-Gustloff-Werke in 1944. Unfortunately there's little of the original rifle left.

cool thanks. Thats fine with me. Gun still works great. lots of value to me. My great grandfather covered the thing in gold/silver himself. I'm sure he used it for hunting.

thanks for the info I am glad to get a little bit of history.

Hi,

The receiver marking is 'bcd' and '4'. The 'c' in bcd has been drilled through for the scope screw.

Your rifle was a German K98k made by Wilhelm-Gustloff-Werke in 1944. Unfortunately there's little of the original rifle left.

Yup,

What he said. I'm glad the rifle has some sentimental value for you. Welcome to our forum.

KJ

Military Rifle Journal
Back