Third Party Press

Wow

All I can say is these people are never around when I sell a rifle, - this rifle isn't worth half that end price. Good for Larry though, as long as there are amateurs with more money than sense, he will be able to make a good living off them.

And the point where the bid exceeded value begins with Sunning Turtle, - pretty cavalier bidding considering the rifle, even reckless, but maybe he needed a Spandau/15 real bad, - I seriously doubt that stock is factory original, at best a depot replaced stock, though he doesn't show enough to be sure (it definitely has the wrong acceptance and the fonts are not right for Spandau imo)

Maybe the bidding is legit, probably is, he rarely "re-lists" a rifle, even long after the time auctions drop details, but the fact remains that this buyer will have some difficulty getting his money back out of that rifle, the final price was double what its worth at least.

look at the buyers history. looks like a regular customer

Maybe the bidding is legit, probably is, he rarely "re-lists" a rifle, even long after the time auctions drop details, but the fact remains that this buyer will have some difficulty getting his money back out of that rifle, the final price was double what its worth at least.

i'm almost positive it is legit but it still leaves me perplexed each time. I met him at the OGCA July show maybe two years ago. nice enough guy, but once I discovered he hit up the OGCS shows I knew it was about pointless for me to look for Gewehrs there.

Military Rifle Journal
Back