Third Party Press

G-43 ac 44....

pzjgr

EOD - bombs and bullets
Here is my one and only G-43...I never see them locally, and they are way $$$$ anymore!

I am happy with it, its all matching, and other than maybe some light sanding on the stock, and a possible shrapnel dent, unmessed with....

Attachments

• ac44-1.jpg
    ac44-1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 89
  • ac44-5.jpg
    ac44-5.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 74
  • ac44-8.jpg
    ac44-8.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my one and only G-43...I never see them locally, and they are way $$$$ anymore!

I am happy with it, its all matching, and other than maybe some light sanding on the stock, and a possible shrapnel dent, unmessed with....

Nice lookin gun! The mag looks repainted or refinished

That has to be a bullet strike or shrapnel damage...Ive seen a few guns like that...an ac43 G43 with a bullet hole right through the buttstock, and I had a type 38 that had a bullet enter the wood in the foregrip, travel along side the metal bounce off and damage the magazine well, and exit the buttstock

Yeah, I repainted the mag...it was a painted mag originally, but the paint was mostly gone, and it looked like crap, so I re-painted it. Usually I wouldn't do that, but it really looked terrible...so I did it with black moly-resin...

Yeah, I repainted the mag...it was a painted mag originally, but the paint was mostly gone, and it looked like crap, so I re-painted it. Usually I wouldn't do that, but it really looked terrible...so I did it with black moly-resin...

understandalble for sure....the original paint was shiny enamel....normally regular old glossy black spray paint looks good too

Could be a bullet strike but I don't think it was shrapnel damage, looks too clean.

It really looks like a long dent. I had a K98 with a bullet strike and it didn't look like this.

I think a bullet and shrapnel damage will tear/shread the wood fiber, this looks compacted/pressed like a dent. It would take alot of pressure to do that though..

Could be a bullet strike but I don't think it was shrapnel damage, looks too clean.

It really looks like a long dent. I had a K98 with a bullet strike and it didn't look like this.

I think a bullet and shrapnel damage will tear/shread the wood fiber, this looks compacted/pressed like a dent. It would take alot of pressure to do that though..

I know what you mean about the shredding of the wood, but consider how hot the bullet would be and that it would be ball ammo and wouldnt deform from most wood...and youre right it would take a hell of alot of pressure to make a dent like that which i think would crack the stock for sure....I shipped a double boxed gun once somehow the butt was cracked in half, without much marking at all to the stock I assume such force would have cracked it on this one....the type 38 I had I am sure was a bullet strike due to the length it travelled, and just like this the rounded out gouge it made...and it looked just like that, almost like the damage was seared into the wood the wood was not splintered or shreaded at all Im guessing due to the high heat and the speed at which it was traveling...Im gonna guess it is all about angle type of projectile, but this sure looks just like the damage done to that type 38...let me see if I saved pics of it

all goes back to "if only they could talk" !!!

(TA FYI the edited by me message at the bottom of your post is becasue I stupidly hit the edit button instead of reply with quote, I typed my response and entered it into your post, my mistake...TOO MUCH POWER TO HANDLE AS MOD AHHHH!!)

Last edited:
"Slowly step away from the button Mr. Reagan"

Beat you too it...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture_00054.JPG
    Capture_00054.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 159

Military Rifle Journal
Back