Third Party Press

A little disappointed with Vol 3

Is this thread some sort of inside joke? I have read volume one and have started to read volume three. Really looking forward to getting volume two as I have more rifles in that date range. Bought my copies at Allentown and unfortunately the signed one hit the ground and is all marred up. Didn't even realize it was signed until later on. By the way, to respond to the last post Sonic is a fast food restraunt. Onions are well, onions.

Hey...maybe if I buy the book on the STG44, I can find out about the 98k? I'm sure that author printed a bunch of pages about it. :biggrin1:
Or I'll buy some Jan Still books on the Luger for P-38 info. Maybe buy a book on S&W to find out about Colt. The authors may have started a new trend here.

Hate to burst your bubble, the Stg44 book from Collectors grade has tons of info about the Gew.98 and other non-Stg self loading rifles. You will be sorely disappointed.

This thread is not an inside joke. It's a for real, all out there for the world to see joke.

For the foreign guys- Sonic - http://www.sonicdrivein.com/

I have enjoyed your books and I am looking forward to the next one. Unfortunately one can't make everyone happy. I find that any firearm you mention is related to the K98 history. Please do not change what you are doing (not that I think you will).

I would have much preferred two onion rings to two pages of STG44 useless info. Then again, Sonic has some excellent tater tots. I would have paid EXTRA for too stale, hardened tater tots if they were in place of the STG44 pages. :thumbsup:

Hey...maybe if I buy the book on the STG44, I can find out about the 98k? I'm sure that author printed a bunch of pages about it. :biggrin1:
Or I'll buy some Jan Still books on the Luger for P-38 info. Maybe buy a book on S&W to find out about Colt. The authors may have started a new trend here.

One idea would be to tear out those pages, then white out and renumber the rest of them, or simply don't look at them. Or, demand a refund. 2 pages of 417 is approximately .005 of the book. Thus, based upon your complaints, your special (or pecuniary) damages claim would be .005 x $100 = or about 50 cents in pecuniary loss. Of course, you seem to be experiencing a great deal of emotional distress and anguish over this, and you could claim that too, for what that is worth.

However, mental anguish and emotional distress claims are analyzed based upon a "reasonableness" standard, which in your case would presumably be a reasonable adult standard. You may fare better under a child's standard. For example, if you were a seven year old girl having a tantrum over your inability to make a Crazy Loom bracelet from a craft kit advertised for seven year olds, you may get more sympathy, but still no money, and your lawyer would likely get sanctioned for encouraging you (qua seven year old girl) for bringing the lawsuit. Courts recognize that it would be unjust and detrimental to society to allow claimants who have emotional problems, are retarded, unstable, insane, etc., to inflict themselves upon innocent businesses, people, and the court system by essentially blaming others for their own disabilities, illnesses, and instability.

Thus, your fixated wailing about the two extra pages in the Kriegsmodell book depicting an Stg. are more in line with an adult having an ongoing obsessive tantrum about the color distribution of his bowl of Fruit Loops not precisely matching the picture on the box, or the label on a beer bottle being affixed at 3.5 degree angle, not completely level, and things of that sort. That you decided to give the book a reduced Amazon rating based upon these two extra pages would be evidence of unreasonableness I think, in your lawsuit for a 50 cent refund. Good luck, hope you start feeling better.
Cheers,
HB

Last edited:
Product opinions are usually welcomed from the consumer. And Deputies initial comment could have been considered as such; but it digressed after that. Went right down the toilet bowl. Got to wonder if Deputy is so radically annal about all of his purchases. Two pages out of 417 that he didn't agree with- WOW.

Farb,

I've been hesitant to bring this up to you, but since this thread could be called "Nitpicking gone off the charts", here goes....

The last time we met and shook hands, I noticed a small amount of gun oil under your pinkie nail. I was repulsed by this and will no longer be able to shake your hand in the future.

A BIG HUG NEXT TIME, YOU CUTIE !!!

Hi,
Interesting but my grasp of English is not good enough to understand some of the comments on this page ,what is sonic and onions?

Sonic is a fantastic place to get fast food in the good ol' U S of A. Fried onion rings is an accessory that is included in some Volume IIIs of this book. It helps blot out/cover up the useless trivia about guns other than the 98k that the authors found irresistible to print. According to rumors there will be more useless trivia in Vol II. A couple of pages on German hand grenades from what I hear, but they will include Sonic's tater tots to help those that aren't interested in reading it. It's a successful strategy to sell books that tend to veer off topic. Tater tots are pretty delicious, and when you eat them, you close your eyes in delight. You could probably make a book filled with tater tots and charge the same price as Vol II will cost and people wouldn't complain. Perhaps the authors were actually eating tater tots when they included the sections on the STG44 and that's what caused them to veer OT? Maybe those that think these expansions of BOTW are true perfection and without flaw are eating many bags of tater tots. Ya just never know. :laugh:

Product opinions are usually welcomed from the consumer. And Deputies initial comment could have been considered as such; but it digressed after that. Went right down the toilet bowl. Got to wonder if Deputy is so radically annal about all of his purchases. Two pages out of 417 that he didn't agree with- WOW.

So you don't mind paying over 100 samolies to read about something that has zilch to do with the title of the book? Interesting. So when does it stop? Two pages in Vol III. Maybe 4 pages in Volume II about German hand grenades. Maybe 20 pages in the 2nd Edition of Vol II describing the author's preferences in toilet paper? How much becomes too much and when? Perhaps they will re-title "Kriegsmodell Volume III" into "Kriegsmodell Volume III and various other trivia" in the 3rd Edition? That would at least be more accurate.

So you don't mind paying over 100 samolies to read about something that has zilch to do with the title of the book? Interesting. So when does it stop? Two pages in Vol III. Maybe 4 pages in Volume II about German hand grenades. Maybe 20 pages in the 2nd Edition of Vol II describing the author's preferences in toilet paper? How much becomes too much and when? Perhaps they will re-title "Kriegsmodell Volume III" into "Kriegsmodell Volume III and various other trivia" in the 3rd Edition? That would at least be more accurate.

I am now convinced you are just trolling. No rational human being could be so obtuse.

At this point, I'm waiting for StugIII to wade in with some inane sausage metaphors or broken English translator faux gibberish. The surreal and bizarre nature of "Deputy's" complaint indicates that this is a plant, a fake account joke, however, there is the corresponding book review. If Deputy and his complaint are real, hour to hour, life must be excruciating.

I tried to be mature in my responses but it just didn't happen. Probably the Long Island iced tea talking. Lol.

Okay, I'll confess. My real name is Richard Law and I am back from the dead to make sure nobody buys this book. Get real folks. crazy2.gif

And name-calling is just a justification of my comments. Thanks for that confirmation that I was correct. cheers2.gif

Let's cut through all the BS and get to the nitty-gritty of the opposing comments. It's blatantly obvious that there is a ton of what can only be described as adoration and hero worship for the authors and their work. So NOTHING negative is allowed to be said or believed. The book is sheer perfection and anything negative said about it is blasphemy of the highest order. So excuse me for not worshipping at that altar. But I just don't "believe". Quite honestly, I think it would have been better if all three volumes were just combined into one and incorporated into "Backbone of the Wehrmacht" as an updated 3rd Edition. I mean they have copied most of the format of that book in this new version anyway. But then the authors wouldn't be able to get a C-note per edition (or more) for their work. You people DO realize that all three volumes of what amounts to an expanded, color version of BOTW is going to cost well over $300. Probably over $400, considering how much they are getting for the first two releases. While BOTW is selling for the exorbitant price of $70. Yeah, there aren't all the coffee table book color pictures that are in the newer releases. But hey...you do find out details about a gun that has nothing to do with the 98k. :rofl:

I think from this point forward, the best response to this thread is NO response at all.
Let it die a quiet death...

Okay, I'll confess. My real name is Richard Law and I am back from the dead to make sure nobody buys this book. Get real folks. View attachment 80050

And name-calling is just a justification of my comments. Thanks for that confirmation that I was correct. View attachment 80051

Let's cut through all the BS and get to the nitty-gritty of the opposing comments. It's blatantly obvious that there is a ton of what can only be described as adoration and hero worship for the authors and their work. So NOTHING negative is allowed to be said or believed. The book is sheer perfection and anything negative said about it is blasphemy of the highest order. So excuse me for not worshipping at that altar. But I just don't "believe". Quite honestly, I think it would have been better if all three volumes were just combined into one and incorporated into "Backbone of the Wehrmacht" as an updated 3rd Edition. I mean they have copied most of the format of that book in this new version anyway. But then the authors wouldn't be able to get a C-note per edition (or more) for their work. You people DO realize that all three volumes of what amounts to an expanded, color version of BOTW is going to cost well over $300. Probably over $400, considering how much they are getting for the first two releases. While BOTW is selling for the exorbitant price of $70. Yeah, there aren't all the coffee table book color pictures that are in the newer releases. But hey...you do find out details about a gun that has nothing to do with the 98k. :rofl:

The rule is never to argue with irrational people. The reason is that they don't view things rationally, thus points made based upon common sense and facts have no effect and make no difference in the irrational person's delusional world. The point here is not that you have criticisms of the book. Everything is subject to criticism and this site is transparent in that regard. The point is that your particular criticisms are asinine, ridiculous, de minimis, and irrational. What if the book was planned as 415 pages and you got these extra two Stg. pages free? What if those two pages were not there, would you be obsessing, bitching, and moaning because you should have gotten two more pages, that 415 pages was not enough? Are you the guy shrieking at McDonalds because you got two too many French fries?

Again, it's not that you are criticizing, it's that your criticisms are absurd beyond any normal person's comprehension. It's so bad that I'm quite sure that if we took a poll folks would think you are a loon or this is a joke. I doubt anyone else is fretting over two extra pages with an Stg., which, btw, is relevant to the K98k and arms production.

I am going with Mr. Gaither's suggestion. The arguments (and name-calling) seem to be getting stretched to the limit and people are missing the point completely (and obviously with purpose). I look forward with great anticipation to Volume 2 of this series, "Karabiner 98k Volume II-The Return of the STG44".

Oh yeah...here's my contribution to the altar: :hail: :moon:

I am going with Mr. Gaither's suggestion. The arguments (and name-calling) seem to be getting stretched to the limit and people are missing the point completely (and obviously with purpose). I look forward with great anticipation to Volume 2 of this series, "Karabiner 98k Volume II-The Return of the STG44".

Oh yeah...here's my contribution to the altar: :hail: :moon:

Frankly, I think this is a mod here shining us on. At least I hope so. :googlie

Instead of having a big cry here in the forum, the individuals offended by the STG44 content in the Kriegsmodell book should be proactive and author their own, new and improved version. It could turn into a sales hit, like New Coke. And for Bruce and Michael, maybe you guys should put a warning on the cover of your book, similar to the "may contain traces of peanuts" label you find on a box of Granola bars. Yours could say "since both types of weapons were made in the same production facility, product may contains traces of STG44".
:moon::moon:

I think people are entitled to their opinion. This gentleman is free to complain about the inclusion of non-k98 material but as the author, I get to decide what goes in. His idea about including more stg44 info in volume 2 is noted and will be included at his suggestion. Silly me I wasn't going to add any, I nearly messed up.

Yep. I didn't pay nearly 100 samolies to see and read about an STG44. Who cares if it relates to the cessation of the 98k? Could have been two more pages of 98k pics and info. And I do own "Backbone of the Wehrmacht". Funny thing, but that book didn't feel the need to talk about guns other than the 98k.

Perhaps it does not even matter at this point but you are mistaken and completely in error regarding non-K98k content in Law's Backbone of the Wehrmacht. To be specific (and to use your words) that book apparently does "feel the need to talk about guns other than the 98k" as follows:

- Pages 181 & 182 - Two New Semi-Automatic Rifles, the G41(M) and G41(W)

- Pages 205 - 207 - Hitler's Fateful Commitment to the Bolt-Action Carbine (three pages with content discussing the MKb42, STGs, & MP43 assault weapons as well as the G43 semiautomatic rifle)

The pages cited are from the Author's Revised Edition (1993)

Last edited:
I think people are entitled to their opinion. This gentleman is free to complain about the inclusion of non-k98 material but as the author, I get to decide what goes in. His idea about including more stg44 info in volume 2 is noted and will be included at his suggestion. Silly me I wasn't going to add any, I nearly messed up.

I still want to know why there is a picture of a guy with not only a k98, but also wearing a helmet. Theres even one where a muzzle cover is on the rifle. These distractions make it very difficult to follow the subject :moon:

Military Rifle Journal
Back