Third Party Press
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: A little disappointed with Vol 3

For those that are still posting, please see post #55. I am complying with mrfarb's request. If you want to discuss things, please take it to PM.

Dep

Hilarious.. first an obsession with two pages, then he finds a common "error" he tries to mock the authors and proof-readers with, then lets us know "opinions" can't be "wrong" or "judged" (which is absurd, opinions are very often wrong and almost always judged...), and now he wants to redesign the cover and all the pictures used in the book to the exclusion of American GI's holding German rifles...

Yes, I am sure many will flock to carry on this obsession of yours through direct communications. Get a life Barney Fife...

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
    For those that are still posting, please see post #55. I am complying with mrfarb's request. If you want to discuss things, please take it to PM.

Dep

Dep

Well then...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    As one of the authors of Kriegsmodell I can tell you your opinion counts. I'm printing out your suggestions on soft paper for later use.
    Mike, Some people just can't be pleased. Your book is by far the best book on K98s and one of, if not the best, books on a WWII weapon. I would pay little attention to someone who has time to complain about 2 pages. Thanks for your hard work.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Mike, you and Bruce, have done the collecting fraternity a great service by publishing your outstanding books. I can not wait for the next volume to be published. Those who seek to denigrate your books, and the immense effort you guys put into the books, are beneath contempt.

Semi-Professional Wanker StuG.III's Avatar

I am writing a scratch and smell book on European world war used underpants to sell to Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by StuG.III View Post
    I am writing a scratch and smell book on European world war used underpants to sell to Americans.
    Are you taking pre-orders?

Senior Member Winchester Cowboy's Avatar

"Douchebaggery at it's Finest".

"Masturbation at the Highest Level"

Just got my Kriegsmodell Vol. 3 yesterday. I flipped through it and saw some beautiful pictures. I own an all-matching dou44, so that was my main interest. Nice details about that rifle. I will say I am a bit disappointed with one thing; flipping through the book I found two pages dedicated to the STG44, along with pictures. While it may be interesting and historically informative to know that certain 98k factories switched production to that rifle, I bought the book to read about the late-war 98k. There are other, more detailed books on the STG44, and if I wanted to know about that rifle, I would buy them. I would have much preferred more pictures of Kriegsmodell rifles, rather than what I consider "filler" pages about the STG44. I am sure there are plenty or people on this forum, including myself, that would have been happy to send in very nice pics of their Kriegsmodell rifles for use in the book. Here's mine:

Attachment 80022

MAUSER98K, DOU44KRIEGSMODELL, TRANSITIONAL, MATCHING, EXCBORE, SANDED and REBLUED BY VET

Semi-Professional Wanker StuG.III's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RyanE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StuG.III View Post

Are you taking pre-orders?
    I do not mean to excite you RyanE but it is the book to be sold not the used underpants.