Third Party Press

Thread: 35m

Default 35m

This was probably my favorite acquisition this summer. The Krag is cool, but I have really wanted one of these for quite a while and it is a pretty nice example IMO. It also sort of completes my collection of Hungarian WW2 rifles. I think this rifle is dated 1940, but it is hard to tell if the second digit in the date is a 1 or the leading edge of a 0. I'm leaning toward it being a 0, so 1940.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice looking example. Thanks for posting.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Yes, nice indeed and a hard to find rifle, particularly in nice shape like that. Is the bolt matching? Pic stickied for reference.

Nice 35m! Interestingly, only the buttplate and barrel were serial numbered on these rifles, the bolts are unnumbered.

Thanks guys. I really did take a while to finally acquire one of these. They are not all that easy to find and the ones I did find before this one were either in terrible shape and/or far too expensive (the prices for these seem to have been all over the place; feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like to know what I paid for this).

Quote Originally Posted by 40ford View Post
    Nice 35m! Interestingly, only the buttplate and barrel were serial numbered on these rifles, the bolts are unnumbered.
    That's right, only the buttplate and barrel are serialized. The bolt is unnumbered, which is totally correct for 35M's.

I could also post up more of my 31M and 43M, but they are nowhere near as nice of examples as this 35M. I'll probably keep both around for a while until I find better examples (if I ever do, lol!).
    Last edited by shmlnaaa; 09-28-2014 at 11:54 PM.