Third Party Press

Thread: New Find--Italian Calvary Carbine HK Conversion

Default New Find--Italian Calvary Carbine HK Conversion

I was really surprised this last Sunday at the local show, I get in at set up and this dealer I know who always has a few military guns was putting down this Italian Calvary Carbine, stop to look at it, the tag said Kreighoff 7.92 Conversion on it, it was all matching #H9585, the stock was also matching to the original #T6214. There was some crud and rust on it so took it apart and lightly cleaned it and it came out real nice, even had the cleaning rods in the butt, there was also a HZaJ?? on the stock near the butt that I couldn't get a good picture. First one I have every seen and was real happy to find it for my Beutewaffen group of rifles I have.

Chuck

Added more and better pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gunrunner; 10-08-2014 at 04:20 PM.

I really, really want to be wrong about this, but a few things don't look right on that one. I say that knowing that there are not enough of these out there to make sweeping determinations about what's inconsistent about a certain specimen compared to other, known examples. Here's what I find strange about this one:

-The 'new' HK stock number is located a lot farther back than others I've seen;
    -The original serial number was not covered with 'X' or 'O' marks to obscure it;
    -The new HK serial number looks like it is spaced very far apart, not like what I've seen on others;
    -The '7,9' stamp looks funny, and like it was stamped over a very roughly ground-out area. Again, not like what I've seen;
    -The 'HK' stamp itself looks different, but this part bothers me less than the others

I do like the e-penciled serial number on the bolt, and the Greifelt & sons cross-bolt. Also, the Reichsadler on the right hand side is consistent with what I've seen. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but the above items make me wonder. Franchi or WaPruf2 would be able to render a more experienced and nuanced opinion than I, though.

Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

Looks OK to me, they are differences in many of these HK rifles/carbines. The stock numbering is the correct shape and size, the "9" looks good etc (although spaced and in a different location). The crappy test proof is good, it has the correct German front sight and wood mag. insert (both hard to fake) good stock cross bolt. I think the other markings are just variations. They don't always cross out the original numbers.
    I would buy this, if I ran across it.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Franchi View Post
    Looks OK to me, they are differences in many of these HK rifles/carbines. The stock numbering is the correct shape and size, the "9" looks good etc (although spaced and in a different location). The crappy test proof is good, it has the correct German front sight and wood mag. insert (both hard to fake) good stock cross bolt. I think the other markings are just variations. They don't always cross out the original numbers.
    I would buy this, if I ran across it.
    David

Now I feel relieved. Thank you David, and congrats, Gunrunner!
    Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

Default Wow what a kick this Carbine must have!

Cool piece BUT it would sure "kill on both ends"!!!

Dave said it. Good grab!

About the coolest one of these I've seen. Well done Gunrunner Pic stickied for ref.

Yah that should probably be nominated for epic find of the month. Nice!!

here is another that is a good canidate for a MACE adapter to fire 32acp out of and nothing else

jack