Third Party Press

Soldbuch, issued K43 with scope

miles136

Solduch from a german soldier issued a scoped K43 and other sniper related equipment

it came with some other paperwork on him as well

like other things Ive posted Ive got to replace these with better photos as soon as I can

BTW : these are enlarged color copies I had made so I dont have to fool with the real thing, it is fragile

Attachments

• soldbuch K43 ZF4 001.jpg
    soldbuch K43 ZF4 001.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 62
  • soldbuch K43 ZF4 002.jpg
    soldbuch K43 ZF4 002.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 74
  • soldbuch K43 ZF4 003.jpg
    soldbuch K43 ZF4 003.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 52
  • soldbuch K43 ZF4 004.jpg
    soldbuch K43 ZF4 004.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Nice Soldbuch.

Which unit was he with?
Any awards?

Cheers,
Peter

Im not sure, which page would those be on?....I dont know much abotu these, I got in a trade deal only due to the K43 connection to my collection

Post the rest of the pages. What unit was he in ?

Where do I look for the unit?

Im not sure I want to post all the pics, because I am LAZY....I made color copies of the pages I liked best, that is what you see, and for no other reason than I liked those pages, and then I wrapped the thing in acid free plastic sheath and put it away in a frame

Brian borrowed them, maybe he can post pics, or tell us, or when I get them all back Ill see if I can take better pics and if there were any more pages I copied

Hi miles136,

Alas Soldbuch reading isn't that simple; there several different examples of Soldbucher, in this type of WH example the units are listed on pages 4 & 17 but they don't list the dates when the soldier was transfered to another unit, so with the aid of pages 4 & 17 you will not be able to see which period(s) the soldier was with his actif frontline unit.
To really understand the story one needs to see all the pages that have something written on them and not a selection of some.
The value of a Soldbuch, both financial and historical isn't in the fact that it is a Soldbuch but in the story behind the object.

Most Soldbucher are indeed in a terrible condition, they are printed on low quality wartime paper and most soldiers used to carry them in their breastpocket wallet for their entire service time , frontline service included (Fallschirmjäger on jump missions, pilots and their crew are examples of those that didn't carry their soldbuch with them on combat missions).
In my collection I have ID booklets from the napoleonic wars that are in better condition then some WW2 Soldbucher but even the examples that are in a terrible condition will not fall apart in your hands, that is if you treat them with the care they need.
So don't be scared, make some scans of all the pages and I have no doubt that the story of this soldier can be told compleetly.
And in the end isn't that more important and intresting then just knowing that he was issued a scoped rifle? Wouldn't it be intresting to know if this sniper aimed on the western- or the easternfront, if he was awarded bravery medals, if he was wounded,...etc.

Btw laziness isn't a good excuse not to make scans of all the pages, I do it with a digital photocamera and it takes me 15 minutes.;)

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:
Hi miles136,

Alas Soldbuch reading isn't that simple; there several different examples of Soldbucher, in this type of WH example the units are listed on pages 4 & 17 but they don't list the dates when the soldier was transfered to another unit, so with the aid of pages 4 & 17 you will not be able to see which period(s) the soldier was with his actif frontline unit.
To really understand the story one needs to see all the pages that have something written on them and not a selection of some.
The value of a Soldbuch, both financial and historical isn't in the fact that it is a Soldbuch but in the story behind the object.

Most Soldbucher are indeed in a terrible condition, they are printed on low quality wartime paper and most soldiers used to carry them in their breastpocket wallet for their entire service time , frontline service included (Fallschirmjäger on jump missions, pilots and their crew are examples of those that didn't carry their soldbuch with them on combat missions).
In my collection I have ID booklets from the napoleonic wars that are in better condition then some WW2 Soldbucher but even the examples that are in a terrible condition will not fall apart in your hands, that is if you treat them with the care they need.
So don't be scared, make some scans of all the pages and I have no doubt that the story of this soldier can be told compleetly.
And in the end isn't that more important and intresting then just knowing that he was issued a scoped rifle? Wouldn't it be intresting to know if this sniper aimed on the western- or the easternfront, if he was awarded bravery medals, if he was wounded,...etc.

Btw laziness isn't a good excuse not to make scans of all the pages, I do it with a digital photocamera and it takes me 15 minutes.;)

Cheers,
Peter

You are absolutely correct...and now that I have you to set me straight and to translate and give some meaning to this, explain it to me, I will...when i do it I will post pics.....thanks Peter!

Janathan,

Peter is great on these. I think we will learn a lot from what is in that solbuch...creates a very interesting story of the individuals live in the military for sure. Peter helped me on mine and i was very surprised to learn how much information is contained in there...then again, why should i be surprised, the Germans always kept fantastic records!

Brian

Military Rifle Journal
Back