Third Party Press

Thread: M.43 Heer Feldmutze early '43

Default M.43 Heer Feldmutze early '43

M.43 Heer feldmutze, early T form Bevo insignia, all machine sewn. It's an RB Nr. marked, nice size 58, and dated 43. Very hard to see this but in the right light in the rayon/artificial silk lining you can see it. These hats have been heavily reproduced, and some of the reproductions are outstanding, using original materials, insignia, buttons. This is a short billed example, along the lines of the bergmutze for Gebirgsjäger, production of which was stopped in 1942, and replaced in service by the Heer for all troops by the M.43. Here are some detailed pics. Have no idea whether the edelweiss on the side is German period applied, who knows. This is how I got it, would hate to remove it and somehow it is original to the cap, though I'm probably just blowing smoke up my own behind with that idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is one of my later ones, a 1944 with the "glassine" buttons, later style full trapezoid BeVo woven insignia.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Both look perfect, almost like they weren't issued except for the sweat band on the one. Nice.