Third Party Press

QVE 45 ZF4 Sniper

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
I just got this rifle. It is all matching. In the butt stock is the oiler, manual and spare parts. Some here have already seen these pictures but I figured I would share them with everyone. These are the sellers pictures. I have not had a chance to take any yet. Hope you enjoy :thumbsup:

Attachments

• QVE (1).jpg
    QVE (1).jpg
    147 KB · Views: 227
  • QVE (2).jpg
    QVE (2).jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 204
  • QVE (3).jpg
    QVE (3).jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 221
  • QVE (4).jpg
    QVE (4).jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 238
  • QVE (5).jpg
    QVE (5).jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 213
  • QVE (6).jpg
    QVE (6).jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 231
  • QVE (7).jpg
    QVE (7).jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 273
  • QVE (8).jpg
    QVE (8).jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 247
  • QVE (9).jpg
    QVE (9).jpg
    293 KB · Views: 204
  • QVE (10).jpg
    QVE (10).jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 195
  • QVE (11).jpg
    QVE (11).jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 242
  • QVE (12).jpg
    QVE (12).jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 211
  • QVE (13).jpg
    QVE (13).jpg
    238 KB · Views: 187
  • QVE (14).jpg
    QVE (14).jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 189
  • QVE (15).jpg
    QVE (15).jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 200
  • QVE (16).jpg
    QVE (16).jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 176
  • QVE (17).jpg
    QVE (17).jpg
    218 KB · Views: 160
  • QVE (18).JPG
    QVE (18).JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 149
  • QVE (19).JPG
    QVE (19).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 161
  • QVE (22).JPG
    QVE (22).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 180
Good to see you finally acquired that beautiful factory matching sniper, Matt! Thanks for sharing.

His photos will do !!!!!!!! I wish I could do close up's like that.. Yes, One of the nicest BLM snipers Ive seen.
Congrats buddy !! That's a score of a lifetime.. :thumbsup:

Just also noticed the scope designation stamped on the stock !! uber rare marking..

Attachments

• QVE%20(13).jpg
    QVE%20(13).jpg
    238 KB · Views: 117
Thanks guys. I am very proud to own this rifle. It is my first German sniper (and hopefully not my last). It came from a good friend and well known collector. I have had a fantastic year. I picked this up, a unrefurbished PU sniper and the best!!!! I found out I am going to be the proud father of a baby boy due in June. Life doesn't get much better. :thumbsup:

Wow, I would say you are doing WELL!!!!!!

You should contact Darrin Weaver about this rifle, especially that stock stamp under the scope mount. He's revising his book on these, so yours might need to be included! Google his name and you will find his contact info on his web sight.

Tiger,
Thanks. I have emailed him but have not heard back. He has seen the rifle and I would like for it to be in his revised book. Maybe it will make it. Something else very unique is the magazine only has a clear coat on it. It is very interesting. There are no signs what so ever of any finish be applied. I will try to get some more pictures of it but I think I will bring it with me to the SOS to show some people. Thanks again for the compliments. Do you live near him? I know he is in Texas also.
Best Regards,
Matt

That stock marking under the rail is known and has been known for some time. Possibly something only applied to the last qve45 true snipers ???? Possible ? Just a theory.

Late k43 mags that are phosphate have almost a clear look to them. Same with mp44 mag's. Nothing out of the ordinary there. That rifle is just 100% textbook correct and Im sure it came from a world class collector.

Yeah, not a real long distance away.

I'd love to see more photos of the clear coat on the mag. It might not be rare to some, but I've never encountered one before (away from clear coated P.38 mags that is). I thought it seemed a little different but I couldn't quit oggling past the rifle. That marking should be included in the book because I don't think it's in the last book.

Well like I said I did email him. If you talk to him then you can tell him I am willing to take as many photos as he would like. This stock marking is not in his book. I will try to take some pictures of the mag this weekend. Thanks again for all the kind words. Next up is to get a matching High Turret to keep this rifle company!

Military Rifle Journal
Back