Third Party Press

kar98a bolt (maybe) questions

kerry49

Attached are pictures of a bolt I received as part of a k98k action I purchased recently. I think it might be a Kar98a bolt, but I'm having trouble understanding the proof marks, etc that are on it. I think the main proof on the bolt root is the Prussian coat of arms, but the marks on the safety and striker I can't find any reference about. There are 2 other stampings on the bolt root also. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Kerry

Kar98a bolt.jpgKar98a SN.jpgUnknown Bolt M98 cocking piece.jpgKar98a Bolt proofs.jpgUnknown Bolt M98 safety.jpgKar98a bolt knob.jpg

It is a Kar.98a bolt, the eagle is Prussian (Erfurt arsenal). The bolt is re-numbered, not German, otherwise it looks correct, though the circle "z" is probably Czech.

Help on value

Figured I'd just resurrect this thread to ask what a fair value might be for this bolt. I have no foreseeable need for it, so plan to sell. Thanks!

Hate to say it, but not much... nice Imperial bolts (original, matching, unaltered) bring $100 or more, a Bavarian probably double that, but with an altered serial not many collectors will have much interest in it. I would put it up on ebay and see what the market will say, you might get more than expected there.

Thanks for the feedback. Not surprised I guess. I'll get it sold and move on with my other projects.

Military Rifle Journal
Back