Third Party Press

1936 M34 Beretta Full Rig

plymouthmauser

Picked this one up Tuesday off GB. Owner lives in state, so with school cancelled son and I took a road trip. Early full rig, no excuses, very tight action, great bore, and the Italian holster is in good shape. Crown/RE Army proof. Slide is a little more worn than the rest of the gun, but correct plum finish. I really like my M35 7.65 Beretta as my carry piece, but I wanted a little more punch. Now I can also retire the M35 to the gun cabinet as it is a papered bring back.

Valentine's Day present from the wife.:bump2:

T

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 58
very nice.. I like those field typed capture papers. I see noted captured in N. Afrika. Very cool. That must be why the tan holster ??? I have only seen green Italian holsters or just never noticed the brown ones. Tropical tan for tan uniform ??

Your paperwork is incredible. I really enjoy capture papers, especially one with where it was obtained on it. Awesome piece of history!

Tropical Tan was for officers; OD for NCO's, so the M34 trophy came off of an Italian Army officer. The M35's holster is not Italian in origin, but a German style. This one came with one mag as someone removed the mag pouch. The second mag I got from Numrich has a Finn SA property mark on the toe. The M35 being 7.65mm, went to the Navy and Air Force; this one has an Air Force proof.

T

You have a pretty cool rig there. My Sauer 1930 pistol came with a holster with the same type of closure system. I'm wondering if it is a Italian holster.

Quick range trip to shoot two mags of 95gr. Prvi JHP. About 25 feet, 34 degrees, overcast, gloves. Pistol functioned fine, save second magazine is very snug and hard to remove. I had to help close the slide twice; I'll pick up a second spare one. Nice recoil, first shot was in the red.

Camera broke last night; pic from my wife's iPhone.

T

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 9
Very nice, pic stickied. Cool capture papers. I have a spare Beretta marked finger rest magazine for the M.34 I'd sell or trade if you needed it Plymouth.

Yes Ham, thanks, I'd like your spare magazine; please PM the necessary info.

T

P.S. On the sticky, the M34/Army is 1936 and the papered M35/Air Force is 1939.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back