Third Party Press

T-Gewehr

Volks

Hello all,
I have an old 13mm T-Gewehr stock bolt and action with a small stub Barrel. This rifle was badly damaged during ww1 , the old owner said that the rifle barrel got run over in the mud by a tank! What I have done is replaced it with a 50 cal barrel keeping everything els untouched all i need to do is some how get the barrel as old looking as the action. I also found out that the receiver and barrel the is all one part with an 13mm degree pitch thread that was an absolute bitch to tighten to action, I had to make a special tool to proceed. this rifle is coming to an end soon an looking to sell it as I have 2 of these beast i would like to cover my costs please and prices sent to me personally! not on this thread.

Also I see that people are missing parts or would like parts made up I might be able to help you out as parts just can not be found! please feel free to send me a privet message with your request always happy to help.
I am also looking for a unused 13mm bullet would love to have one to keep and see if i can make up brass and projectiles.
cause I would like to fire mine and also Re-Inline my spine.:hail:

T Gewehr

Is anyone reloading for these ? I would like to shoot the one I own. Original caliber 13.5 . Any help would be appreciated. banjomike

Hi,i posted a full shooting report on the Gunboards K98 site on 05-23-2012 on the 13mm Anti tank Mauser.I have lost the pictures,so other than redoing it I can not post here
Someone more clever with computers may be able to copy it here,i also use a j s on their site. The heading was Shooting a real Mauser. The Jandle [thong]was to go between the rifle and shoulder.
Regards Alister.

An 870 grain projectile, 200 plus grains powder and 2450 FPS. This all suggests there will be some excitment in shooting this 94 year old veteran. Ammo has been worked up and supplied by a 13mm enthusiast (he has accuracy tested it in his rifle out to 500 metres).

Target in this case is an old pressure tank with 1/4 inch sides followed by a hardened plough mole board then a hardwood tree stump 4ft in diameter, all at 100 yards. The first 2 shots nearly touched at 6 o'clock (it has an excellent bore). Shooting was done standing leaning over a truck deck (as the recoil was expected to be heavy). Recoil turned out to be a solid push (not instantanious). On one occasion the recoil forced me to take a step backwards. One thing we learned was elbow pads would be a good idea as our bare elbows were recoiled across the truck deck about a foot each shot. These raw elbows eventually caused us to call it a day.

The loading and unloading is so smooth and easy I would think the original imperial german 2 man team would be able to fire 10 aimed shots per minute. I have the serial numbers of 8 of these tank geweher 13mm rifles here in New Zealand, they were returned from WW1 as company trophys. The highest number of these is 4779. The reason for all the ones here bearing low numbers is they were prizes captured in battle and not liberated from Arms Stores or Mauser Werke.

Alister

Attachments

• 13%20mm%20001.JPG
    13%20mm%20001.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 13%20mm%20005.JPG
    13%20mm%20005.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 13%20mm%20006.JPG
    13%20mm%20006.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 13%20mm%20007.JPG
    13%20mm%20007.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 13%20mm%20011.JPG
    13%20mm%20011.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 121.JPG
    121.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
T Gewehr

Met; Many thanks for the article. I owe you!!!!!!!! I have still not shot my T Gewehr but hope to in the future. Any one with more experience , please contact me. Regards Banjomike

This is amazing, I so want an original :(
Thanks so much in posting, I'm in love with your t-gewehr.

Just bringing this back to top as MarkDD from the UK is asking about Anti Tank rifles.
Alister

Military Rifle Journal
Back