Third Party Press

RESEARCH PROJECT - Amberg 1916-1918

:ROFLMAO:
Maybe this here can compensate you for that mishap.
It's the best I could do for the time being.

Many greetings

T
B, Hardly a mishap, you were on point from the beginning, the RS marking is something I want to include in this study, even if Cyrus is running a stand alone study also. However, if "guilt" is a motivator to other additions I will resort to the tactic!

** Just joking, I know you are quite versed in English (better than most so-called "Americans"); I thank you for the Amberg/18 f-block which I added to the study. I am back on the forum and although do not have time to spar with idiots over wars that have no upside (none have end up well for either side), I will focus on these few projects I care about and leave moderating idiots to Chris who is far more able at actual "moderating" a forum.

Thanks Mike, I added it to the study as these pre-codes do help develop a pattern; I had this rifle in the database from 2016, so I added the RR to your report!

Nice rifle with a matching bolt, can you do the acceptance of the handle (opposite the serialed top flat?); Optimistically I would strive to add the receiver code, RR, BC and bolt acceptance where possible, - plus special features like Gl.V where applicable. But I am not greedy, I will take what we can get as "collectively" they will form a pattern we can use once a good representative sample is had or developed.

Thanks for the report!

Thanks MD! I added it to the research spreadsheet; if you still have it apart see if you can get the code on the lower receiver, near the base of the siderail, but only if easy for you as Wolfgang has already come up with the probable purpose.

**More important is the potential suffix that would be above the top screw hole on the buttplate. This could date the stock, I am near 100% sure it is WMO, but 1917 (cc-blocks are known) or 1918? 1918 WMO is indisputably confirmed to the f-block, with a near certainty in the i block, but some reports and poorly referenced examples take the range potentially-probable to the k-L; with some possible in to the r-t blocks (late WMO is a real hazard to have certainties!)

Just some random possibilities, but the stock is more interesting because they are rare and the more that can be ranged might show patterns, -walnut "seem" to group broadly, but too few to be sure.

Military Rifle Journal
Back