Third Party Press

BCD 4 t block

DWM1915

I picked up a really nice DSM trainer this year and an early f block BCD 4, finally found a weekend without snow/rain/shuttling the kiddo's to events or practices! I'm still getting the swing of a new camera, trying to get the lighting right but I thought these pics came out pretty good. I've been looking to add a BCD for a while and picked this one up off Gunbroker. The "f" on the barrel is mostly below the woodline but is there when disassembled. It's has an FN barrel with e/140 proof which is a bit less common for BCD but otherwise I think a pretty typical BCD for that year. Any comments or feedback are appreciated, I'm always learning when I pick up a rifle that's a new maker for me.

Thanks, Nick

pic01.JPGpic02.JPGpic03.JPGpic04.JPGpic05.JPGpic06.JPGpic07.JPGpic08.JPGpic09.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rifle, but I believe it is a "t" block. I think "f" blocks were numbered on the receiver ring while "t" blocks were numbered on the left of the barrel shank. Here is a link with photos of both ("f" and "t") bcd 4 letter blocks:

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?5916-odd-bcd-4-Kar-98k-factory-mismatch-bolt

Also, to the best of my knowledge, "f" blocks had numbered triggerguards and "t" blocks had unnumbered triggerguards. Your rifle has a later type unnumbered triggerguard. Here's another link which shows a nice bcd 4 "f" block:

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?3904-bcd4-blued-f-block

Last edited:

Very nice BCD4 . One of the nicer one I have seen in awhile . I should also point out that You may want to remove the Pic that shows the date under butt plate , because there is a collector here that usually wants everything with a 45 date on it . Unless You want him to hound You . LOL!!!!!!! . Best Regards
:thumbsup:

Nice one!!!

I also think t block.

And I think he's safe the stock looks to be 2-45-43. Lol

Thanks guys, I almost hesitate to say I did look over the BCD script style lettering and was sure it was an "f"🍰:facepalm: Wish I could change the thread title, Pisgahs links show it is clearly a "t". But either way still very happy with the rifle, has all the hallmarks of BCD part numbering with the letters for the subcontractors. Pictures didn't come out clearly so I didn't include but the stock channel is letter and number stamped and the handguard is number stamped.

Nick

I was lucky enough to have this one in hand and the condition and bluing is amazing... The BCD product was anything but second rate for sure.. Nick you posted everything less the barrel # with letter block this may help...

Done. Thread title modified. I am going to sticky it also. It is an excellent example.

Thanks Pisgah! I'll try to get some pictures of the stock numbering and the barrel letter block stamp tomorrow with better lighting.

Nick

That's one nice rifle!! Great find and I think your pictures are great too. Thanks for sharing it!

I love it when you can see the heat treating on the floor plate..

Very nice!!

attachment.php

Military Rifle Journal
Back