Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCD 4 t block

Default BCD 4 t block

I picked up a really nice DSM trainer this year and an early f block BCD 4, finally found a weekend without snow/rain/shuttling the kiddo's to events or practices! I'm still getting the swing of a new camera, trying to get the lighting right but I thought these pics came out pretty good. I've been looking to add a BCD for a while and picked this one up off Gunbroker. The "f" on the barrel is mostly below the woodline but is there when disassembled. It's has an FN barrel with e/140 proof which is a bit less common for BCD but otherwise I think a pretty typical BCD for that year. Any comments or feedback are appreciated, I'm always learning when I pick up a rifle that's a new maker for me.

Thanks, Nick

pic01.JPGpic02.JPGpic03.JPGpic04.JPGpic05.JPGpic06.JPGpic07.JPGpic08.JPGpic09.JPG
    Last edited by Pisgah; 03-28-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Nice rifle, but I believe it is a "t" block. I think "f" blocks were numbered on the receiver ring while "t" blocks were numbered on the left of the barrel shank. Here is a link with photos of both ("f" and "t") bcd 4 letter blocks:

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....-mismatch-bolt

Also, to the best of my knowledge, "f" blocks had numbered triggerguards and "t" blocks had unnumbered triggerguards. Your rifle has a later type unnumbered triggerguard. Here's another link which shows a nice bcd 4 "f" block:

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....-blued-f-block
    Last edited by Pisgah; 03-28-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by nick.helms View Post
    Very nice BCD4 . One of the nicer one I have seen in awhile . I should also point out that You may want to remove the Pic that shows the date under butt plate , because there is a collector here that usually wants everything with a 45 date on it . Unless You want him to hound You . LOL!!!!!!! . Best Regards

Very attractive rifle with nice metal and wood condition. Enjoy.

Nice one!!!

I also think t block.

And I think he's safe the stock looks to be 2-45-43. Lol
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04

Thanks guys, I almost hesitate to say I did look over the BCD script style lettering and was sure it was an "f"🍰 Wish I could change the thread title, Pisgahs links show it is clearly a "t". But either way still very happy with the rifle, has all the hallmarks of BCD part numbering with the letters for the subcontractors. Pictures didn't come out clearly so I didn't include but the stock channel is letter and number stamped and the handguard is number stamped.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAR View Post
    Nice one!!!

I also think t block.

And I think he's safe the stock looks to be 2-45-43. Lol
    Yep, that's correct, my picture drifted at the end but it is a 43.

Thanks, Nick

I was lucky enough to have this one in hand and the condition and bluing is amazing... The BCD product was anything but second rate for sure.. Nick you posted everything less the barrel # with letter block this may help...

Quote Originally Posted by nick.helms View Post
    ... Wish I could change the thread title, Pisgahs links show it is clearly a "t"...Nick
    Done. Thread title modified. I am going to sticky it also. It is an excellent example.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without