Third Party Press
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1941 svt 40

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

Default 1941 svt 40

I picked this up at the SOS this year. It is a original all matching SVT, except the magazine. Late 41 before the Tula plant was evacuated. It also has no rails cut into the receiver. Any SVT fans here? If you have a original example please post it. Photos courtesy of Ryan "Baby Face" Elliott. Ha ha sounds like a villain on Dick Tracy. Thanks to him for helping me find the rifle also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shipping that to you was an extremely traumatic experience. I should have just sent payment instead.

A superb late pattern 41 Tula!

Thats a nice one. Hard to find! I love the dark red soviet wood.
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAR View Post
    Thats a nice one. Hard to find! I love the dark red soviet wood.
    Thanks. If one collects G43s than they have to get one of these. From what I hear, they are very cheap in Canada.

Thumbs up Svt40

Great rifles, one of my favorites to shoot and most are pretty accurate. I have owned three and shot them all the time. All of mine were Finnish mis-matched. Nice find.

Neat find, and much harder to find in original shape and matching than a G/K.43. My recommendation too, Mdarnell, is to get a mag pouch or two while they are available cheap. Contact member Ratnik, I bet he can hook you up:
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....gazine-pouches

Pic stickied for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Neat find, and much harder to find in original shape and matching than a G/K.43. My recommendation too, Mdarnell, is to get a mag pouch or two while they are available cheap. Contact member Ratnik, I bet he can hook you up:
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....gazine-pouches

Pic stickied for reference.
    Thanks Hambone. I already have two mag pouches and a original cleaning kit. I'm still trying to find extra mags.

Beautiful rifle! What is the opinion on the stock of my SVT40 at http://imgur.com/a/5dof2 ? It appears to have been possibly hung dark side to the wall near a heat source. Strip and oil or leave as is?

Quote Originally Posted by bspencer View Post
    Beautiful rifle! What is the opinion on the stock of my SVT40 at http://imgur.com/a/5dof2 ? It appears to have been possibly hung dark side to the wall near a heat source. Strip and oil or leave as is?
    I would remove the surface dirt (gently, with a rag and Howard's or something similar), but otherwise leave it be.

BTW, your rifle is, unfortunately, not a real sniper. The notch is not original.

Default 1941 svt 40

I have a separate album that has photos of the scope notch. It has the marking that was added to the wide scope notches. I have been told that it may be an arsenal expedited notch.