Third Party Press

Winter Triggers, manual insert, etc.

understanding an original...

hello to all.
basically were just looking for better quality in it's construction (even at this late date), to start on the right foot ?
then eye ball the quality of the markings ?
I have 2 assumed reproductions ... same maker mark but, different "style" in quality.
paid little on one , other came on the k98k that I recently bought (hence free to me).
would be nice to have original. but my interest in knowing is Not to pass up any original by accident .
Jeff H.

I've recently bought a winterabzug and while searching for more info on "ofh's" i stumbled upon this thread and figured i'd share some pics...
Tried to compare the pics and as far as i can tell there are no signs of a french ofh repro?

wintertrigger02.jpg wintertrigger01.jpg wintertrigger03.jpg

The inside looks pretty smooth, outside was quite pitted and and had obviously been cleaned before to remove rust.
The abzug itself has a dull phosphate-ish (???) finish except for the cover which is marked Mod.98. Blocklogo on the otherside is no longer visible but the "ofh" is still there.
It has a very nice tight fit when installed on a k98.

Want to use it for a display and don't need any more rusty holes in it....I'm in doubt whether or not to apply a few layers of coldblue :S (at least on the cover)

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 6

Military Rifle Journal
Back