Third Party Press

JGA DSM34... SA marked

Bob in OHIO

Anschutz made various models of 4mm and 5.4mm.​

According to Jon Speed (Mauser Smallbores....), they made only about
3000 DSM34s, and few are property marked.
Here's the lone example I have from this maker...​

Attachments

• 0DSM.JGA.04.jpg
    0DSM.JGA.04.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 0DSM.JGA.11.jpg
    0DSM.JGA.11.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 0DSM.JGA.10.jpg
    0DSM.JGA.10.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 0DSM.JGA.08.jpg
    0DSM.JGA.08.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 0DSM.JGA.06.jpg
    0DSM.JGA.06.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 0DSM.JGA.09.jpg
    0DSM.JGA.09.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 221
A town I've never heard of before. Here's what Wikipedia & Google Earth have to say - Fraureuth, located in the district of Zwickau, is a small town in Saxony, Germany. It has a population of around 5,834 inhabitants on a surface of 22,59 km. Fraureuth was a component of Thuringia until 1952.

some updated info... quoted from another thread, and added here

8x57IS said:
Because the green color was mentioned, here's a short explanation. The different SA-Gruppen were marked by different colors of the gorget/collar patch and the cap ribbon. Another distinction was made in the same colors by white and yellow piping of the gorget/collar patch.... Thüringen had the color Apfelgrün/apple-green and therefore the marking "SA.N./467" is in apple-green color.

Another example [Rifle above] has the marking in Smaragdgrün/smaragd-green color because it belong to the SA-Gruppe Sachsen.

But keep in mind, later the organizational structure of the SA was reorganized like on military pattern and SA-Wehrmannschaften got introduced. The SA-Wehrmannschaften were subdivided into military fields of activity and the SA corps-colors were introduced, which in turn replaced the colors of the SA-groups. As example Grün/green color for SA-Jäger/SA-Schützeneinheiten and Marineblau/navy-blue for the Marine-SA.

Regards,
Stephan

Super nice example. Your trading rifle collection is really impressive. Mine does not have an organization marking and is in the 5,700 range.

Posting just to make us jealous. I like.

My JGA S/N 8734 does not have the Thuringen below JGA (Anschutz), thus making it the earliest known serial without the Thuringen marked receiver. No other markings on my rifle. Sadly, just a regular Anschutz.

Bob, your rifle is the first that I have seen in the JGA line that has had any political markings outside of Simpson's book. I was always under the impression that there were also only 3,000 JGA's reportedly made, but I just looked in Simpson's book and his serial study seems to indicate a s/n range from 5000-9000, so 4,000 made? Still a rare DSM for sure, with your marking even rarer. Very nice.

Posting just to make us jealous. I like.

Still a rare DSM for sure, with your marking even rarer. Very nice.

First thought this was really rare and now I realize just how. Gorgeous rifle. Beautiful hunk of lumber. Fabulous polish and blue. The metal marking is magnificent. Just a beautiful rifle Bob. Jealous too!

A different Bob is the actual hoarder :)

I see, trying to change the subject onto someone else. :laugh:

Seriously, very cool rifle. I'm probably a lot younger than you all and just started collecting. I can only hope that I'll have a chance to get something like your rifle one day.

Military Rifle Journal
Back