Third Party Press

Thread: G-41(m)

Default G-41(m)

Mauser G41(M) All matching and mint condition......BILL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Verrrry nice!

Nice photos, and a beautiful rifle. It's cool to compare an earlier gun to mine which has to be one of the last ones made with a number in the 11600 range. Questions for you:

- Is there a waffenampt stamped under the wrist of the stock? I'm not sure mine has one at this location, I'll have to check to see... The stock waffenampt on the side is identical to mine and the serial number is in the same place on the stock though.

- In the sling cutout my stock is marked with a "J" and an "L", anything stamped in this area on yours? Any idea what these letters indicate - maybe a subcontractor?

- Stamped or milled trigger guard (looks milled)? Even though mine is late in production it has the milled trigger guard.

Thanks!

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gergnotwen View Post
    Nice photos, and a beautiful rifle. It's cool to compare an earlier gun to mine which has to be one of the last ones made with a number in the 11600 range. Questions for you:

- Is there a waffenampt stamped under the wrist of the stock? I'm not sure mine has one at this location, I'll have to check to see... The stock waffenampt on the side is identical to mine and the serial number is in the same place on the stock though.

- In the sling cutout my stock is marked with a "J" and an "L", anything stamped in this area on yours? Any idea what these letters indicate - maybe a subcontractor?

- Stamped or milled trigger guard (looks milled)? Even though mine is late in production it has the milled trigger guard.

Thanks!

Greg
    Wrist does have a waffenampt,,,stock cutout has a 'J' 'L' and a triangle and it has a milled trigger guard...BILL

Default Whoaaa

I have owned just about all the German WW 2 Infantry weapons except a G41 M. I could never find one in this condition without selling a car to pay for it. Super stunning rifle. Post more pics of all the proofs you discussed.

Thanks Bill, pic stickied for reference!

Great looking rifle. Very strange but interesting design.