Third Party Press

SOS walk in byf 44

jbmauser

Senior Member Eh
This was a walk in at this years SOS and I owe a huge thanks to my good friends Mike, Chris, Steve, and Andrew for helping me add this one to my collection. Couldn't have done it without them!

x9191U.jpgxXkjBV.jpgIV7Uqv.jpg4ZFRLv.jpg0f1vTv.jpgXSgE90.jpgGGnaxX.jpgbRQ3Ah.jpgfk8nFg.jpgFqCK5U.jpg8Go9Dt.jpgQ0zvir.jpguDL2XL.jpgKM1wn6.jpgtFkKPn.jpgVJCS0H.jpg8o5B35.jpgkPLPu7.jpgt2WiFV.jpgL3h7Iu.jpg

Nice one! Great job at taking pictures! :thumbsup:

Hope that's not blood on the left side of the butt!

This gun looks better in person, has that dry, untouched look to it. Pic sticky for future reference!

Outstanding rifle. Will you get it in Canada before they start import marking them?

Thanks.

Yes, it's already here. Hopefully we can get another Conservative majority and import marking will be put off for several more years.

Thanks.

Yes, it's already here. Hopefully we can get another Conservative majority and import marking will be put off for several more years.

Yeah, once they start it the markings only get bigger and uglier every year.

Yeah, once they start it the markings only get bigger and uglier every year.

It's going to be a sad day for us up here if that comes in. There's no way I'm import marking a matching original K98k so my collecting will take a serious hit.

I might have to resort to collecting Lee Enfields!:googlie

No, I believe safeties stopped being numbered in the k block. When they took up abbreviated numbering.

I have an all matching duffle cut byf 44, serial number 23080 i block with an unnumbered safety. Wear and finish on safety matches rest of the bolt.

An unnumbered byf 44 safety on an i block rifle was either a factory mistake or more likely a replacement. Mauser Oberndorf stopped numbering safeties along with some of the other small parts (bands, floorplates, stocks) somewhere in the k block of byf 44 (in other words, not at the start of the k block, but somewhere during that letter block).

Very nice honest rifle and you did a great job with the pics. Thanks for posting ......

Military Rifle Journal
Back