Third Party Press

Question on Sauer sniper

Gunnut

Hello, I've been researching the forum and think I found my answer, but to be safe, could someone here tell me if Sauer made any snipers in 1937, and if so what type? I don't know a lot about them and don't want to get burned. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

factory made no !! But, there are some that believe yes. Any SSR that has 1/2 a chance being real is a JPS as the real ones are built up on JPS receivers. They did the work or it was arsenal done.

It's best to post photos of any sniper before "potential" acquisition. So a major screwing wont take place.

It's a very slippery slope where many thousands of dollars have been lost..

Sauer sniper

Hello, and thank you for the reply. If I get any further with it, I'll post some pics. Thanks again.

As Wayne said it is possible for a 1937 JPS rifle to be a short side rail sniper. But these are very dangerous to buy. Be very careful. Very good pictures are a must.

IMO it is very plausible that a 1937 Rifle was used to build a SSR . The Rifle could have been altered at a later time . If You want help to determine if it possibly an original You will have to post detailed pics . SSR IMHO are the toughest of all German Sniper Rifles to verify as original . Best Regards .

Sauer ssr sniper

It does have the ssr base attached, but no other parts for the scope or mount. Also the bolt is not matching, has a very nice bore, but the owner has big expectations on value. I appreciate the help, but I don't think I'll get involved with it due to the mismatched bolt and the price. One thing I did notice was the base mounted to the receiver doesn't have the two alignment pins in it that I've seen in other ssr bases, but weren't there a few versions of the ssr mount? As I said I don't know much about the sniper models. Thank you all.

The early rifles didn't have the pins. Please post pictures of the scope base, they'll help authenticating this rifle.

Military Rifle Journal
Back