Third Party Press

FNG saying hello to all

RichP08

I am a new member but an old collector of WW1 & WW2 weapons & equipment. I have just renewed my interest and dusted off my collection. Now I'm mostly interested in WW1 & 2 German pistols since I got my pistol permit, but have two WW1 & one WW2 Mauser Rifles. The WW2 k98 is a great shooter!
I am amazed at the amount and quality of repro field equipment available so I'm sticking to weapons which are not as easy to fake. My first German helmet I found in my parents' attic in the early 1950's, given to my father by his brother, my uncle, who brought it back from his service in WW2. As a kid I used the hell out of it playing "war" with the neighborhood kids. Too bad but I still have it. The rifles and other equipment I picked up at local gun shows during the 60's & 70's.
Man, I can remember how inexpensive things seemed back then!

(What? No spell check?)

Welcome to the forum. Would love to see pictures of the helmet. Played "war" when I was a kid too. We used what was given to us. I had two or three feet of .30 cal machine gun ammunition. Other children had a dough boy helmet, two laws, and various jackets that we wore when running through the woods. We had a three tier tree house that was called Navarone by all the children. Completely unsafe and the top tier had to be 30 or 40 feet in the air. Not sure if kids play "war" any more but I have great memories.

Welcome RichP08. FNG; that's for Funny New Guy, right? (Lol) Ah , the memories that you brought back. Playing war, shooting up the enemy, getting shot yourself-- then immediately recovering. And the tree houses; couldn't be without them. So, what kind of battle damage did that helmet sustain during your child hood service? Would also like to see pictures of it.

Welcome to the forum and yes I remember those memories too. We didn't have a tree house though but 15 acres of woods to play war in lol. And would be interested to see what Mauser rifles you have in your collection too be posted one day, for me I have seven right now. One Gewehr 98, five K98k, and one Swedish Mauser carbine made by Mauser. :happy0180:

Military Rifle Journal
Back