Third Party Press

New MP40 buy !

Wow congratulations! I would love and opportunity like that.

When you say all the paperwork, what does that entail?

Ah very cool find! Jack, Bergflak has an original muzzle nut for $40. He might have some of the other parts as well.

Original MP40 magazines

Buying this bnz Mp-40 direct from the veteran's family with all the paperwork. I do need some things...a magazine, sight protector, muzzle nut, and some replacement grips. I would appreciate the any leads

I have a full set of MP-40 magazines plus an original loader if interested.

seth
sparidon@att.net

Jack, the most difficult item to locate is an original frnt sight protector in my recent searches... If I find one or more I'll let you know..

I'm pretty sure that I have a extra front sight protector. if you still need one let me know I will dig it out. I can bring it to the next Allentown show.

I'm pretty sure that I have a extra front sight protector. if you still need one let me know I will dig it out. I can bring it to the next Allentown show.

I'd be interested if Jack doesn't need one for his. The one on my BNZ44 is pretty beat up.. Cheers..

Stuff like that infuriates me. It was legally registered, there is no reason they could not have transferred it to the son and then you.

This should have been handled by the estate!!! NO reason the transfer papers could not have been done by whoever was in charge of the estate!!!
Sarge

So that's it? Another historic piece just "disappears" off the books?? The gubbermint sucks sometimes... really bad

The estate could be reopened to modify the judgment which originally transferred the estate to include the MP.40. The sellers would discount the purchase price by those legal fees. Thus ATF would have the legal document for the transfer. That's my sitting here drinking Stella overlooking the bay answer.

The estate could be reopened to modify the judgment which originally transferred the estate to include the MP.40. The sellers would discount the purchase price by those legal fees. Thus ATF would have the legal document for the transfer. That's my sitting here drinking Stella overlooking the bay answer.

Yea. There is no reason on earth that this gun should go to a museum. It's registered. Someone needs to get off their a$$ and go to district court here....

The legal issue is the transfer from the decedent who owned it to the son who sold it. Dead people legally transfer things through succession/estate proceedings and the means of legal transfer is the judgment from the court. From what I see, ATF denied the transfer to Jack because their was no legal transfer from the decedent owner to his son, Jack's transferor. This was a legally correct administrative decision. They don't have an obligation to help sort it out for us.

Thus, it appears to me that what is necessary to effectuate the legal transfer from decedent to son (Jack's transferor), which is the "broken link" in the chain, is an amended judgment from the same court which handled the estate originally, identifying the MP.40 and transferring it to Jack's transferor as heir. This is not heavy lifting. I believe that there is a certain period of time from this that the heir or estate representative may sell or transfer without a second transfer. None of this is heavy lifting and there are no other options to make this happen legally.

I agree with Hambone based on the reading of the law even if there was no will transferring the MP40 it would be based on laws of the state regarding intestate succession. The transfer would have to be done first to the rightful heir, if that is the son, he can then transfer to Jack. If the son is not the rightful heir it must first transfer to the rightful heir, then transfer to the son, then to Jack. Obviously would be cheaper and easier to purchase direct from rightful heir. The transfer to rightful heir would be on a form 5, then a form 4 to Jack. I also agree there is no reason to lose a piece of history.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes, also I'm sure the owners would rather knock off the price of the legal fees to do this than receive the value of a lower tray and parts. If the heirs all agreed it should be a simple legal matter, ex-parte, without an appearance, work in the $1000-2500 range.

Military Rifle Journal
Back