Third Party Press

G.33/40 945 1940 HZa rework

I actually think that measure is quite normal on 33/40s... both of my two current examples ('40 & '41) are 7,88

Thanks Bob. That would seem to confirm that they were building them this tight intentionally. Not common at all for 'battle rifles' IMHO.

I actually think that measure is quite normal on 33/40s... both of my two current examples ('40 & '41) are 7,88

You are right, all "945 1940" and "dot 1941" have the "7,88" at the receiver ring, also the early "dot 1942" rifles. In the "a" block in 1942 the "7,88" got replaced by the final acceptance e/63.

Hey Hambone,
What did they do with the original serial # on the bolt?
Did they line it out, grind it off, or leave it as is?:happy0180:

Swj, they left it, it’s still back there. This is the only legit depot / HZA reworked 33/40 I’ve ever seen so I’ve got no other to compare it to. That’s an excellent question and I don’t know another facility may handle that.

Cool rifle, I don’t even remember looking over this one, I wonder if any other depot examples have come
to light. I recently looked over an Hza Innsbruck 98/40, first depot example of one of those I’ve seen too, so I’m still unsure of many of the features on it.

Swj, they left it, it’s still back there. This is the only legit depot / HZA reworked 33/40 I’ve ever seen so I’ve got no other to compare it to. That’s an excellent question and I don’t know another facility may handle that.

Thanks Hambone,
I just had to know.:hail:

Cool rifle, I don’t even remember looking over this one, I wonder if any other depot examples have come
to light. I recently looked over an Hza Innsbruck 98/40, first depot example of one of those I’ve seen too, so I’m still unsure of many of the features on it.

Never seen one of those either! Hope it ends up here at some point as a thread ;)

Interesting points and i agree, and it seems like riot agrees as well, any idea what they plan to do with him?
Like, what they will remove, and what they will boost in order to rework his kit?

Yes exactly dude

Modedit: AMFd Spammer/hacker

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed this thread the first time around. Nice find, Craig!

Have you fired it? These are real fire breathers with any ammo that approximates original Ss ball. Big kick and muzzle flash fireball, right up there with Iranian M1949 "camel" carbines!

Military Rifle Journal
Back