Third Party Press

Excellent Fritz Zimmerman Iron Cross 1st Class with Case and Carton

jack944

I just got this from the gentleman I bought my first piece of militaria from 30 years ago...Textbook Fritz Zimmerman.

Attachments

• fritz2.jpg
    fritz2.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 45
  • fritz1.jpg
    fritz1.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 49
  • fritz3.jpg
    fritz3.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 39
  • fritz4.jpg
    fritz4.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 43
  • fritz5.jpg
    fritz5.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 49
looks great.. Im really not qualified to comment any further.. Cardboard box is worth more than the cross. Isn't that something..

The boxes have a big impact on the price of electric trains as well. No one kept the box and if they did it was usually trashed.

Really nice specimen.

The boxes have a big impact on the price of electric trains as well. No one kept the box and if they did it was usually trashed.

Yeah. My dad kept all of my Lionel train boxes from the early '60s when I got my train set. When I was a teenager, my mom threw them all out when she was cleaning out the basement. I still have the trains though. One thing I really regret is throwing away all the boxes from the Matchbox cars I bought in the '60s. I still have a lot of the cars and they're in excellent condition, but not worth as much as if I still had the original boxes.

MOMs

Really nice specimen.

Yeah. My dad kept all of my Lionel train boxes from the early '60s when I got my train set. When I was a teenager, my mom threw them all out when she was cleaning out the basement. I still have the trains though. One thing I really regret is throwing away all the boxes from the Matchbox cars I bought in the '60s. I still have a lot of the cars and they're in excellent condition, but not worth as much as if I still had the original boxes.

Moms have been responsible for a lot of lost collectibles....I keep all my son's boxes from his toys...:laugh:

Military Rifle Journal
Back