Third Party Press

Kriegsmodell book updates

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
I will be posting updates to the Kriegsmodell book here. Updates will be in PDF format, so you can download them and print them out.

These updates will contain the most recent corrections and updates to the text. Feel free to use this forum to report errors you find in the text.

Thanks!

Mike

Attachments

• Addendum_ver_3.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 533
  • map_rev_020810.pdf
    194 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
Steve ; , many thanks for the book in person at the SOS show. The only 'bad' criticism I can add about the book is the reference to Jensen and pic(s) related to his "stuff". I'm no fan of the amount of garbage related to him out there that is perceived as legitimate. I do understand from a good friend though that Jensen is more of a collector taken advantage of by a select few that sold him many of the spurious peices he was so fond of believing were the real deal.
Anyhow I digress. So far on the forum I find the black background and black text contrast to be very negative - they don't work well together at all when posting ! . So please do address this !.

That's the thing about this book- it is not about people, but about the subject matter discussed. Jensen didn't supply any weapons (other than the CE44 sweptback photos) for this book by the way, only original documentation and blueprints, which turned out to be very helpful.

For you black text/black background issue, do this: Go to "Settings" at the top- when the menu bar on the left side comes up, go to "General Settings". From there, go to the bottom of the settings page and find "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing". Choose this option and you will be fixed.

This problem is a VBulleting issue with IE8. Different browsers have different issues.

Thanks for your feedback!

Mike

Good to see MauserBill here!

Another issue with the book is the barrel code study was printed from an early draft, it is neither of the last drafts (I think it was the very first draft actually- there were half a dozen before the final and this looks like the very first one unfortunately.), nor the final version intended to be published.

Hopefully Ken Huddle won't see it as I believe this is the draft before his input was taken, and he greatly improved the draft, not only with massive amounts of barrel code data but worked over my poor grammar.

Good to see MauserBill here!

Another issue with the book is the barrel code study was printed from an early draft, it is neither of the last drafts (I think it was the very first draft actually- there were half a dozen before the final and this looks like the very first one unfortunately.), nor the final version intended to be published.

Hopefully Ken Huddle won't see it as I believe this is the draft before his input was taken, and he greatly improved the draft, not only with massive amounts of barrel code data but worked over my poor grammar.

Well, that is something we can fix in the revised edition. I didn't realize it was an early draft of it- blame Bruce. :embarassed:

At first I didn't notice, but when I saw the "Si" section I knew it wasn't current thinking on the issue. Joe Steen was the one who first figured it out, and later I found some good corroborating information to support Joe's thoughts.
Anyway, when I compared it to the last draft and final it was neither of them either, - I actually went through 4 or 5 earlier drafts I have on file and its none of them, but looks like it might have been one of the working drafts right before Ken Huddle finalized his text as that was before the Si was worked through. You can tell it’s an earlier version as the way its worded, the section headers, and the lack of MG/light cannon data, which is what Ken provided.

Anyway, I do not have a copy of this exact text and it looks to be in-between one or two earlier drafts. For sure not the later versions.
No big deal really, its just unfortunate that Ken name is on it but his valuable contribution is missing- I know he was worried over the grammar and structure especially!

We can fix it for the revision, and if any MRJ subscriber wants a copy of the final let me know as I will get JohnP to do this up in pdf and then I can send it to those interested.

Well, that is something we can fix in the revised edition. I didn't realize it was an early draft of it- blame Bruce.

There is a minor error on page 387.

The caption for the photo should say that Staff Sergeant Stamper served in the 94th Infantry Division, not Regiment.

The right shoulder of his jacket shows the shoulder patch for wartime service in the 83rd "Ohio" Infantry Division. The left shoulder patch indicates that he had been transferred to the 94th Division and was serving with with them at the time of his discharge.

Thanks Richard- this is a good catch. I believe we noticed that after we got the books but I forgot to add it to the list. I'll do that!

Mike

Page 90 - Transition of Numbering on Triggerguard Assembly from 1944-1945

Text is incorrect below the photograph of the four triggerguard assemblies. Second line of text reads: "Second from the top is from SN 59582, "byf 44" produced in late January or early February of 1944."

The trigger guard assembly in the photograph has last four of serial number 9459 on the triggerguard and the last two digits 59 stamped to the floorplate.

I believe the corrected text should read: "Second from the top is from SN 49459, "byf 44" produced in late January or early February of 1944."

This text issue appears in both editions of the book.

Military Rifle Journal
Back