Third Party Press

1915 Erfurt K98a

In post 2 picture 016.jpg, and post 13 picture 011.jpg, what is that part called? I too have a 1915 Erfurt, numbers matching but for the stock and stock hardware. For years I've been trying to collect period correct parts for the stock and am there except for that thing. thx

If you are still looking for a K98a stacking rod, I might have a spare somewhere. It's actually two pieces; there is also a slotted plate inletted into the barrel channel. The rod locks into the plate with a quarter-turn.

M

If you are still looking for a K98a stacking rod, I might have a spare somewhere. It's actually two pieces; there is also a slotted plate inletted into the barrel channel. The rod locks into the plate with a quarter-turn.

M

I actually just probably overpaid for one on Ebay, but feel lucky to have found one at all. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Thanks for the offer and info. I do not have the slotted plate but that's something I can make. One step closer to putting dad's "old Mauser" back to its original configuration.

Last edited:
I may have the slotted plate, if I can find it, of course.

Bidding on one now. It's as if somebody out there knows I'm working on this and a part at a time shows up every couple weeks. If I don't get it I'll PM you. You wouldn't happen to have the right bayonet lug would you? I'm about to cut up a WWII vintage one and reshape it to fit and reweld and blue it. This vintage for a KAR98 obviously slides under the forward barrel band and the later ones are bigger.

Bidding on one now. It's as if somebody out there knows I'm working on this and a part at a time shows up every couple weeks. If I don't get it I'll PM you. You wouldn't happen to have the right bayonet lug would you? I'm about to cut up a WWII vintage one and reshape it to fit and reweld and blue it. This vintage for a KAR98 obviously slides under the forward barrel band and the later ones are bigger.
No. I got the plate along with the stacking rod, but just needed the rod. Let me know. If you don't get the other, I'll look it up.

No. I got the plate along with the stacking rod, but just needed the rod. Let me know. If you don't get the other, I'll look it up.
Got the one I was bidding on. Thanks for the follow up. This thread has helped immensely.

Military Rifle Journal
Back