Third Party Press

"All matching" Luftwaffe 243.....

I am always amazed how his ALWAYS , and I mean ALWAYS dispicable condition rifles fetch so much. They ALWAYS look the same. I wouldn't give $200 for one of his rifles.

SHill? DEFINITELY.

Not only that, but he clearly said in his listing that it is ALL matching. He did take a picture of the mis-matched part, but unless someone was paying really close attention it would have been easy to miss due to his misleading advertisement.

byf42

We are all in trouble now if that byf42 went for that much.,!#$.

Unreal. I would not have paid 1200 for that rifle.

Looks like it still has the steel whiskers the pimp wheel steel lost while Vern was spiffing it up in the garage shop. Bruce, looks like he decided to use the heavy brush to get that rust and pitting off the side rail. :moon:

Alright, I have a question for you guys. The first seller, the infamous online seller of suspicious German weaponry, do you think he messes with the guns himself? I have an ongoing debate with a friend over whether this seller humps the rifles himself, or just seems to always stumble upon them for resale. Thoughts?

Probably both.

He's been selling turds longer than I can remember. Bought a tiger stripe stock off him once MANY years ago. Looked great, until you realised the stripes were made by wrapping the stock in woodstain-soaked string...

seller

Alright, I have a question for you guys. The first seller, the infamous online seller of suspicious German weaponry, do you think he messes with the guns himself? I have an ongoing debate with a friend over whether this seller humps the rifles himself, or just seems to always stumble upon them for resale. Thoughts?

I met this seller. He just buys everything at shows that no one else will and sticks it on the interent..Yes most of it is crap. but, Somebody is buying it. He has this angle and it works for him. Who are we to judge? When selling an item, always point out the good and it's buyers job to see the bad. I'm sure he sells used cars in up-state n.y. as well !

I've never seen a Luftwaffe rifle with less blueing remaining that that 243, and I don't like the looks of the serial numbers on the front band, safety and floorplate. Look at the "9" on the front band and compare to the other serials.

Military Rifle Journal
Back