Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: g24t serial numbering patterns

Default g24t serial numbering patterns

I wanted to ask this question after the purchace of a dou41 c block that has the bands and trigger guard & floorplate numbered in the german manner. All the fonts match and are cut in the same manner. I was just curious as The one 0ther example I have seen these parts are not numbered. I know dou early on numberd all their parts on k98's but g24t's seem to be a mixed bag. Just curious what others have seen. There was no reason for me to be leary of the rifle as it's a nice clean correct piece..

Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    I wanted to ask this question after the purchace of a dou41 c block that has the bands and trigger guard & floorplate numbered in the german manner. All the fonts match and are cut in the same manner. I was just curious as The one 0ther example I have seen these parts are not numbered. I know dou early on numberd all their parts on k98's but g24t's seem to be a mixed bag. Just curious what others have seen. There was no reason for me to be leary of the rifle as it's a nice clean correct piece..
    Just looked over all of my saved pics of G. 24(t)’s and none are numbered on these parts. So, it is definitely out of the norm. Could it be a refurb?

Forum Newbie

I have seen German modified vz24s that have numbered bands and floor plate but never a g24t.

Wayne,
    I have a dou 42 G.24(t) in the "i" block, all matching and the only parts matching are the receiver,bolt handle and stock (inside and out). Hope it helps....

Moderator..mmm..K43's.... miles136's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erin_go_bragh View Post
    I have seen German modified vz24s that have numbered bands and floor plate but never a g24t.

I was thinkin : dou 41 using up some vz parts and put together like a reworked vz, or like egb said, a dou 41 that got reworked ???

pics?

Default G24t

Well, the bolt is correctly numbered and proofed. That seems to be the bigggest area of issues on these rifles. I see no benifit to adding or enhancing the other parts by adding numbers to these normally un-numbered parts. I will try to get pic's at some point It looks similar to hambones dou41 b block. But with laminated wood. It does have the hole in the trigger guard for the gew98 type parade sling. That was an area of concern for one collector. After getting back to home base here I see many that have the hole.
    His did not. I guess? These are left over vz22 trigger guards I would guess. As the vz24 never used the g98 type sling.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    Well, the bolt is correctly numbered and proofed. That seems to be the bigggest area of issues on these rifles. I see no benifit to adding or enhancing the other parts by adding numbers to these normally un-numbered parts. I will try to get pic's at some point It looks similar to hambones dou41 b block. But with laminated wood. It does have the hole in the trigger guard for the gew98 type parade sling. That was an area of concern for one collector. After getting back to home base here I see many that have the hole.
    His did not. I guess? These are left over vz22 trigger guards I would guess. As the vz24 never used the g98 type sling.
    "c" block is transitional from walnut to laminated so that is, at least, a possibility. The hole in the front of the TG is the rule for vz24 and g. 24(t) production. Does the lumber match?

Default g24t

yes, of course. It's a screamer of a rifle and would sell for well over the sellers price on- line. Maybe it sat a while because the seller was about as freindly as a pissed off snapping turtle..
    Last edited by mauser99; 03-15-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Wayne, that's unusual. Pics would tell us alot. Sometimes modifieds turn up like this, sometimes reworks get these numbers, but I've never seen a G.24(t) marked rework. Could be oddball and rare, could be something different.
    Regards,
    Craig

Wayne:
    Sorry for the no hole in tg red herring - brainfart.
    I have 3 G24(t)s; the only visible SNs are on the stock, receiver and bolt.