Third Party Press

g24t serial numbering patterns

mauser99

I wanted to ask this question after the purchace of a dou41 c block that has the bands and trigger guard & floorplate numbered in the german manner. All the fonts match and are cut in the same manner. I was just curious as The one 0ther example I have seen these parts are not numbered. I know dou early on numberd all their parts on k98's but g24t's seem to be a mixed bag. Just curious what others have seen. There was no reason for me to be leary of the rifle as it's a nice clean correct piece..

I wanted to ask this question after the purchace of a dou41 c block that has the bands and trigger guard & floorplate numbered in the german manner. All the fonts match and are cut in the same manner. I was just curious as The one 0ther example I have seen these parts are not numbered. I know dou early on numberd all their parts on k98's but g24t's seem to be a mixed bag. Just curious what others have seen. There was no reason for me to be leary of the rifle as it's a nice clean correct piece..

Just looked over all of my saved pics of G. 24(t)’s and none are numbered on these parts. So, it is definitely out of the norm. Could it be a refurb?

Wayne,
I have a dou 42 G.24(t) in the "i" block, all matching and the only parts matching are the receiver,bolt handle and stock (inside and out). Hope it helps....

G24t

Well, the bolt is correctly numbered and proofed. That seems to be the bigggest area of issues on these rifles. I see no benifit to adding or enhancing the other parts by adding numbers to these normally un-numbered parts. I will try to get pic's at some point It looks similar to hambones dou41 b block. But with laminated wood. It does have the hole in the trigger guard for the gew98 type parade sling. That was an area of concern for one collector. After getting back to home base here I see many that have the hole.
His did not. I guess? These are left over vz22 trigger guards I would guess. As the vz24 never used the g98 type sling.

Well, the bolt is correctly numbered and proofed. That seems to be the bigggest area of issues on these rifles. I see no benifit to adding or enhancing the other parts by adding numbers to these normally un-numbered parts. I will try to get pic's at some point It looks similar to hambones dou41 b block. But with laminated wood. It does have the hole in the trigger guard for the gew98 type parade sling. That was an area of concern for one collector. After getting back to home base here I see many that have the hole.
His did not. I guess? These are left over vz22 trigger guards I would guess. As the vz24 never used the g98 type sling.

"c" block is transitional from walnut to laminated so that is, at least, a possibility. The hole in the front of the TG is the rule for vz24 and g. 24(t) production. Does the lumber match?

g24t

yes, of course. It's a screamer of a rifle and would sell for well over the sellers price on- line. Maybe it sat a while because the seller was about as freindly as a pissed off snapping turtle..

Last edited:
Wayne, that's unusual. Pics would tell us alot. Sometimes modifieds turn up like this, sometimes reworks get these numbers, but I've never seen a G.24(t) marked rework. Could be oddball and rare, could be something different.
Regards,
Craig

Wayne:
Sorry for the no hole in tg red herring - brainfart.
I have 3 G24(t)s; the only visible SNs are on the stock, receiver and bolt.

c.b.

Wayne:
Sorry for the no hole in tg red herring - brainfart.
I have 3 G24(t)s; the only visible SNs are on the stock, receiver and bolt.

Thats fine C.B. we all have our moments..I just only hope I'm as sharp as you when I'm you're age. I've always respected you;re opinion on stuff. I just could'nt pass on the rifle again. The font on all the parts IE bands/t.g. floorplate match and are period done. I.M.H.O. The receiver and bolt are in a larger font. typical of dou.. I will post some pic's at some point. Stock is externally serial #'d and proofed ect. There was really no reason to be leary of it.

G.24(t) dou 41 c block

I happen to have an almost mint G.24(t) dou 41 that's also a c block (#3080c), its only numbered on the bolt, receiver and bottom of the butt stock, also inside the handguard. There are a few tiny proofs on the safety, trigger guard, round knob of the bolt handle and the floor plate, but no numbers at all. It has a laminated stock and handguard. I don't believe its ever been in service. I bought it 20+ years ago, all matching, no import marks. I'll try to take some pics of it soon.

G.24(t) dou 41a block

Please take a look at the pictures.

If I remember correctly then the numbered parts are: bands/bolt handle only/stock/trigger guard/floor plate.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSC04033.jpg
    DSC04033.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC04036.jpg
    DSC04036.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC04037.jpg
    DSC04037.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC04041.jpg
    DSC04041.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC04052.jpg
    DSC04052.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC04054.jpg
    DSC04054.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC04056.jpg
    DSC04056.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC04058.jpg
    DSC04058.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC04059.jpg
    DSC04059.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC04063.jpg
    DSC04063.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 48
g24t

Thanks for the photos. You're rifle looks like they modified a vz24 stock. Nice rifle. The numbering is similar. Also the rifle isnt mine. The next time I see it I will get some photos of it. The stock is raw and sounds alot like the other fellows 'c' block.. Also is you're lower band numbered on the right side under the cross screw??

Military Rifle Journal
Back