Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ERMA Serial Studies and Technical Data

Default S27.G Mauser

Erma Mauser S/27.G serial number 1083 is in excellent condition. This rifle has been rebarreled by Schultz and Larsen for the Danish marksmanship program. The barrel is 28" long in the old configuration in 6.5x55 Swede caliber, and is like new condition. All numbers match except the bolt body and barrel. Upper hand guard is missing. The model number on the left rail is missing but the rail does not appear to have been scrubbed. Does not appeared to have to been used after being rebarreled, no pitting no dents
    Last edited by BobR; 02-15-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Default My Addition To The ERMA Database 1938 S / 27 5527 "a" Code

I hope I understood the lingo..... Thanks for a Great Info Source

(Year 1938 Factory Code S/27 Serial 5527 Suffix a ) ….. ( bc = Ru -- WA Eagle 77 -- 173/37 over 3 x WA Eagles over 77 ) ( rr 3 x (Very Detailed Eagles w/ Swastikas) over 77 ) …. (right side barrel behind top hand guard = 3 x WA Eagles over 77)
    (left side barrel WA Eagle 5527 over suffix = a ) (left side receiver WA Eagle 5527 over suffix = a) ( Mod . 98 in Gothic German Script ) (Bottom of Receiver stamped AX on flat area near front TG screw ) (Flat Butt Plate) All Matching # w/ 5527 or “27” …… Note : Mismatch Floorplate Bolt Sleeve Marked “04” this was most likely battle field repair as the Cocking Piece and Safety Lever Match Rifle “27” as I understand Non Working Safeties was a common in theater repair problem and replaced,as patina matches the other parts
    Note: Front Sight Base IS NOT grooved for Front Sight Hood this may be due to the early 1938 production date… Missing Cleaning Rod, Muzzle Cap,Sling Note: Fathers BF Pickup in ETO Believe to be in Near Liege Belgium during the Bulge or on the Siegfried Line possibly near Koblenz Germany
    Last edited by HoosierPatriot57; 11-05-2019 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Added Info