Third Party Press

RESEARCH PROJECT - Mod. 71 and Mod. 71/84 - Craig Brown

Originally I posted these photos in their own thread but reposting here to help keep the 71/84 information in one place.

Attachments

• 3978.jpg
    3978.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 3978a.jpg
    3978a.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 3978e.jpg
    3978e.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 3978f.jpg
    3978f.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 3978g.jpg
    3978g.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 3978h.jpg
    3978h.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 3978J.jpg
    3978J.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 3978k.jpg
    3978k.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 3978L.jpg
    3978L.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 7184b.jpg
    7184b.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 7184c.jpg
    7184c.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 2
These are both exceptional looking Mauser 71s. While i'm sure Paul will add these to the 71 research, if you do individual threads for them i would love to add them to the reference.

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are saying.
Are you saying that if I start a separate thread for each rifle, you will add them to "a reference".

I am not sure what reference you are referring to.

I was under an impression that this thread was a reference for someone doing research and a book.

Is there yet another reference?

I am just trying to get my head around what you are asking.
I have not been active on this forum for most of my time here.
So, I am not well informed on what everyone is doing.

I will happily start another thread for these rifles, I just want to understand what you are expecting on the new thread.

forgive me my ignorance,
Richard

Last edited:
I am not sure I understand exactly what you are saying.
Are you saying that if I start a separate thread for each rifle, you will add them to "a reference".

I am not sure what reference you are referring to.

I was under an impression that this thread was a reference for someone doing research and a book.

Is there yet another reference?

I am just trying to get my head around what you are asking.
I have not been active on this forum for most of my time here.
So, I am not well informed on what everyone is doing.

I will happily start another thread for these rifles, I just want to understand what you are expecting on the new thread.

forgive me my ignorance,
Richard
HI RIchard--

This thread is tracking of SNs etc. for a long running project. I think what he was trying to say is that both the rifles you posted were gems and deserved their own new posts in the imperial section.

We have a separate thread linked to various individual rifle posts to serve as a reference to collectors and showcase nice examples.

HI RIchard--

This thread is tracking of SNs etc. for a long running project. I think what he was trying to say is that both the rifles you posted were gems and deserved their own new posts in the imperial section.

We have a separate thread linked to various individual rifle posts to serve as a reference to collectors and showcase nice examples.
Hi Chrisftk,

Thank you for the information.

Can you tell me where to put a new thread for my rifles or, better yet, would you post a link to the thread that links all the others?
That way I can peruse the threads to see what is expected in the way of pictures and information to post.

Thanks for you help...
Richard

Hi Chrisftk,

Thank you for the information.

Can you tell me where to put a new thread for my rifles or, better yet, would you post a link to the thread that links all the others?
That way I can peruse the threads to see what is expected in the way of pictures and information to post.

Thanks for you help...
Richard
Here is the index of other threads:

You can create a new thread by clicking the big orange "post thread" button on the top right of the forum:

BS0aRdj.png

Thanks for you help...
Richard
Hi, Richard

Here is an example of one that i photographed. (These are older pictures before i got better with lighting, but still gives you an idea of what markings to document.)

Thank you for your willingness to post more photos! If you need any help along the way feel free to message me.

Here is the index of other threads:

You can create a new thread by clicking the big orange "post thread" button on the top right of the forum:

BS0aRdj.png
Thanks for posting the link, I had forgotten about the index thread.

Military Rifle Journal
Back