Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berthier M.16 Carbine 1930

Default Berthier M.16 Carbine 1930

I guess this is a build or rework in October 1930. Has dust bunnies in the bore and mag well with a German breadbag strap for a sling, all matching.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Very nice! I love the 'sling'.

T
    The Universe is Change, Life is Opinion. Emperor Marcus Aurelius, A.D. 173
    Bun-San 2009-2017

Very nice carbine, congrats!

Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

It is rare, at least in my limited experience with French rifles, to see roundel dates this late on these. Latest marked rework dates are usually 1919 or sometimes very early 1920s, but most reworks have no roundel at all. Very nice.

Nice carbine Craig I believe my M.16 carbine was reworked by MAS in 1939 if I remember have too look at my records too make sure. Personally I love shooting these little carbines too. Good kick on them but the bolts are pretty smooth and the clips load with ease. Actually a pretty small loading system IMO.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Thanks guys. It was cheap and I needed something French WW2 a little earlier than my June 1940 MAS.36. Been looking for one of these for awhile as they show up German used quite a bit. It's a neat little carbine, well designed too, simple, bet it packs a wallop. No indication of German use other than the breadbag strap.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

They have a nice little kick too them especially being a short carbine with that 8mm Lebel round. If you need clips for your carbine libertytreecollecters.com had some for $15. Thats where I bought mine from and they function great.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Thanks Warrior. I was looking at his clips. I may get a couple. I look to Liberty Tree whenever I am looking for parts. Good guy.

From Wolfgang (thank you!).

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    From Wolfgang (thank you!).
    Great pic! All are wearing French ammo pouches also. I don't suppose we have any idea where this was taken? I suppose France is most likely.