Third Party Press

2016 SOS show AX 1940 find!

Warrior1354

ax - hole
Well brought this beauty home from the show this week and I'm happy too show this piece off here. Got some help from Bruce with this piece really appreciate him taking some time with me on this rifle. Anyway its #4477 h block and the rifle is all matching. Personally love the reddish glue stock this piece is in, really does look better in person but I will be posting alot of pictures showing this rifle. Only thing that makes me feel bad owning this rifle is I bought this piece off Brock's who has too sell his personal collection due too cancer. Luckily I was able too talk too him a little bit during the show being he was pretty busy. Told him it took me four years too find a nice AX 1940 he replied back too me "took me 20 years now enjoy that rifle as much as I did."

043.jpg 041.jpg 042.jpg

040.jpg 001.jpg 002.jpg

003.jpg 004.jpg 013.JPG

033.jpg 014.jpg

Enjoyed meeting you, very excited that you got this rifle! Glad that I got to see it! Probably will never hold another.

It was awesome going through all the rifles and hanging out at his table. There was a college course on 98ks there. You got one of the best.

Thanks guys but I was not the only one that brought home a nice rifle either. I saw some equally nice pieces that were just as nice or better then mine that many members here that I was glad to meet take home with them. Especially those Canadian's they really took some nice pieces back across the border with them! Hope they show them off later. Anyway I will say this, this AX K98k makes three in my collection now only one piece left too make it 100% complete. The really rare and super scarce AX/AR. I really believe I most likely will not find that rifle matching but you never know. Hell I didn't think I would be bringing back an AX 1940! I truly believe if I was not at the show on Thursday I would have missed this rifle.

You're lucky I blew my wad on a Garand. Otherwise I may have been elbowing you in the ribs for that thing ahaha jk! Great rifle pal and it was nice meeting you!

- Chris

Chris you got yourself a super nice Garand bud! Especially one that is still all original and mint from WWII equally just as hard or harder too find that nice. I myself have a soft spot for those eight round ping rifles you know. Hell I own two!

Well done Warrior, and congrats, I know you've been looking for one :happy0180: Excellent pic series as well, pic stickied for reference.

Well done Warrior, and congrats, I know you've been looking for one :happy0180: Excellent pic series as well, pic stickied for reference.

Ham, wasn't that a code I sold you years ago? Think it was an ax40 anyway along with a slant script ce42 or 43. Have yet to have seen another.

mow.

Great catch

I am glad my AX is getting a new friend in the pic stickies. Untouched.. take some pics outside in shade.

Enjoy that rare beauty.:thumbsup:

Ham, wasn't that a code I sold you years ago? Think it was an ax40 anyway along with a slant script ce42 or 43. Have yet to have seen another.

mow.

I'm pretty sure I got my ax 40 on GB auction years back Mow. I think I may have gotten a vertical script ce 42 from you? It's been awhile, but whatever it was, thanks ;)

Again thanks for all the feedback guys. Over the years I have learned alot here really appreciate everyone here that has helped me with my K98k collecting. And yes dibbs I collect Erma. Erma is my primary maker I collect own three of them now. At one time I thought I start with one and I would be find, but that number has grown over the years think I have a problem. :laugh: And jack I will try too take some pictures outside one day of the rifle weather being nice though.

Military Rifle Journal
Back