Third Party Press

K98k AX 41

Again I'd love to take this back to facts. Science and history are both based (mostly) on facts. The surfaces and fonts (I know you said font match was a non issue) just don't jive. I came uneducated, but I can learn and study. If I wonder about a rifle, I might look at 5 subjects or more above and below the serial. I AM aware one can find AN example to support their argument, especially in the current environment. I have been exposed to some very good fakes here and also some awful ones. I've developed to the point that I can (usually) spot the easy ones. There ARE variations in most production runs, but there are things that are just plain wrong. Like 1970's Sans-Serif stamps...

Hi. Not taking sides here. For all I know serifs and such differ from manufacturer to manufacture. It's just that I was looking at the CE 44 I block in the pic reference section and while all the 1's have the horizontal line at the bottom on most parts, several small ones (rear site mainly) don't have this line at all. Thanks

Hi. Not taking sides here. For all I know serifs and such differ from manufacturer to manufacture. It's just that I was looking at the CE 44 I block in the pic reference section and while all the 1's have the horizontal line at the bottom on most parts, several small ones (rear site mainly) don't have this line at all. Thanks

This probably should have been in the CE44 post but I'll entertain it here. You are correct in what you've observed. Sometimes the angle of strike will leave half the base leg 'missing' (often the right one) and occasionally the entire base. My post was more about arguments (or arguers) regarding obviously post-war sans serif stamp sets being legit. They're just not. Strike 'styles' also sometimes show up and can be useful in validating the legitimacy of serials. Certain makers in certain blocks the numerals will be angled across the serial for example but it's fairly consistent for a period and is an observable trend. I'm new to the game by every measure but there are collectors here who've tracked these things for decades.

This probably should have been in the CE44 post but I'll entertain it here. You are correct in what you've observed. Sometimes the angle of strike will leave half the base leg 'missing' (often the right one) and occasionally the entire base. My post was more about arguments (or arguers) regarding obviously post-war sans serif stamp sets being legit. They're just not. Strike 'styles' also sometimes show up and can be useful in validating the legitimacy of serials. Certain makers in certain blocks the numerals will be angled across the serial for example but it's fairly consistent for a period and is an observable trend. I'm new to the game by every measure but there are collectors here who've tracked these things for decades.

10-4. Thanks

Ax 41

Hello,

I'm also looking for a well-preserved ax41. If someone wants to part with such a piece please contact me. Many thanks.

:hail::hail::hail:

Military Rifle Journal
Back