Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCD 41

Default Bcd 41

all matching,,its a keeper,,What do you think?,,,barrel code 2939si,,what does SI stands for?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bjarne; 04-03-2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: bad pict

Looks nice enough but the pictures are too fuzzy too see any details. The serial is sure interesting!

I think this one belongs in the mauser rifle board so I am going to move it there.

Looks to be a District build from the serial, but the photos are too blurry to tell much more!
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

I agree, a HZa build, - barrel looks Steyr to me, 1939 dated, but an ordnance spare.

Most likely, based upon the serial range, this rifle was assembled in 1942, in the Wehrkreis in west Prussia (Danzig-Graudenz) which was very busy it seems in this period.

Detail the barrel more? Is there a "0,2" on the barrel shoulder? What is the acceptance on the barrel (Waffenamts) Is the barrel code "29" "39" "Si" WaA623?

Si is the steel maker, they provided blanks (raw forgings) to finishers, who formed & drilled the barrel, making a final product that "then" received the acceptance. (this is why waffenamts are important to the "who" made the barrel) Si is believed to be Silesiastahl G.m.b.H., Gleiwitz.
    Last edited by Loewe; 04-02-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Very interesting rifle, depot builds are neat, wish I had one in my collection!

Not to hijack this thread, but I have a new BC report for you Paul, on coincidentally enough another bcd 41...not a depot build though. Straight bcd 41, RC, my buddy picked this up today at a show, and I recorded the s/n and BC info...

s/n 6236 e, BC is avk 25 41 bys, and 3 what looked like E/13 WaA's...

It must be about the only thing you do not have yet!

Thanks for the bcd/41 report, very helpful, the early Gustloff Werke rifles often have interesting features, especially barrels. Always glad to add to the BC trends sheet!

Quote Originally Posted by pzjgr View Post
    Very interesting rifle, depot builds are neat, wish I had one in my collection!

Not to hijack this thread, but I have a new BC report for you Paul, on coincidentally enough another bcd 41...not a depot build though. Straight bcd 41, RC, my buddy picked this up today at a show, and I recorded the s/n and BC info...

s/n 6236 e, BC is avk 25 41 bys, and 3 what looked like E/13 WaA's...

Quote Originally Posted by SimsonSuhl View Post
    I agree, a HZa build, - barrel looks Steyr to me, 1939 dated, but an ordnance spare.

Most likely, based upon the serial range, this rifle was assembled in 1942, in the Wehrkreis in west Prussia (Danzig-Graudenz) which was very busy it seems in this period.

Detail the barrel more? Is there a "0,2" on the barrel shoulder? What is the acceptance on the barrel (Waffenamts) Is the barrel code "29" "39" "Si" WaA623?

Si is the steel maker, they provided blanks (raw forgings) to finishers, who formed & drilled the barrel, making a final product that "then" received the acceptance. (this is why waffenamts are important to the "who" made the barrel) Si is believed to be Silesiastahl G.m.b.H., Gleiwitz.
    you are right there is a 0,2 on the barrel shoulder,and not 7.9 like my ax 41,,why is that?,,cant say the waffenamt,,cause i only got these poor pictures,,,,is this mauser rare,and value?
    thanks
    Last edited by bjarne; 04-03-2011 at 06:08 AM.

The 0,2 marking designates that it is a replacement barrel, not the original....sure sign of a non-original barrel, but lets you know the Germans did it, not bubba post-war...

If it is all matching, its worth a good buck...again assuming its kosher, and the stock hasn't been sanded (its hard to tell from the pics) but I think its worth more than a regular bcd 41, as its a depot build...I would guess $1500-$2k easy on gunbroker maybe more depending on the craziness...

The 0,2 marking designates that it is a replacement barrel, not the original....sure sign of a non-original barrel, but lets you know the Germans did it, not bubba post-war...

If it is all matching, its worth a good buck...again assuming its kosher, and the stock hasn't been sanded (its hard to tell from the pics) but I think its worth more than a regular bcd 41, as its a depot build...I would guess $1500-$2k easy on gunbroker maybe more depending on the craziness...
    depot build?,,does it mean the mauser was built too put in depot,,and taken out when needed it?,,,and why the replacement barrel?,and not the original barrel,did they ran out of barrels,and got them elsewhere?
    thanks
    Last edited by bjarne; 04-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.

I would use Simpson's terminology for a 0,2 marked barrel--ordnance spare. The distinction is that in all likelihood, that barrel did not replace the original barrel on that rifle. Likely it was originally built using that ordnance spare barrel as its original barrel. In most cases, the 0,2 marking will clue one in that a barrel has been replaced. In this case, the rifle was originally assembled by an entity other than the major "manufacturers" and that entity had access to replacement parts.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without