Third Party Press

info on unusual German .22?

bampa

I recently bought a German-made C.E. Heinzelmann "Modell Heim" .22 single-shot rifle at a show. It looks sort of like a Mauser es304. It has a military-like rear sight and a heavy barrel. It has "KVI" burned into the buttstock. It could have possibly been used as a trainer, but who knows?

I have found very little on this rifle on the Web. One German site indicated the rifles were made mostly in the 1920s. I'll try to post photos later, but any help with this would be much appreciated....

Last edited:
Your Modell Heim was made by C.E. Heinzelmann from 1921 to 1929 in Plochingen-am-Neckar, it was a civilian Model according to Hermann Historica. If there was a S.A., S.S. or any other (para-)military connection they would have mentioned it in their catalogue. Apparently value is limited, they sold one for €180,00 in their April 2013 auction: http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/hhm66.pl?f=NR_LOT&c=%20385&t=temartic_S_GB&db=kat66_s.txt

Yes, the rifle in the auction is just like the one I found, although it is in a bit better shape than mine, and mine has no checkering on the stock. Mine has a matching bolt, but the rear sight and safety don't match, although they look correct. It has a great bore.

Looks like the one in the auction sold for $260 Euro with a start at 180 Euro?

I agree that it is a civilian model, although I know some civilian models ended up as trainers for the HJ, etc.

I don't have much into it, so I'm okay with the lower overall value. I just had never seen one before and thus found it interesting.

Thanks for the reply....

A question concerning the KVI marking....

I recently received a beautiful ES340 in 99% with a small "K" stamped in back of the Mauser stock stamp and the stock channel is marked K.V.1841 in ink about marker width. Meaning??

Military Rifle Journal
Back