Third Party Press

Mauser Banner and Standard Modell Serials and Data,RFV data

There are halfway conversions with straight bolt but modified for side sling...again with no depot markings on the stock

I believe all Standard Modells originally had straight bolts. Some very few late Standard Modells that were diverted to the military can be found with matching turned down bolts, but they appear to have been straight bolts that were modified either at the factory or depots for military use.

Your SM is pretty early and would definitely have had a factory straight bolt. I look forward to seeing more pictures, especially the barrel markings.

Good question. Likely a combination of both.
One of the ones I owned came out of Italy and was captured by a member of a US tank destroyer battalion.
Again, devoid of any depot markings. Still straight bolt but modified for side sling as referenced earlier.

1933 DR C2028 Matching,with a Chinese contract trigger guard.Bruce tried to get this one.

Attachments

• P1080131.JPG
    P1080131.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 39
  • P1080134.JPG
    P1080134.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 36
  • P1080137.JPG
    P1080137.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 36
  • P1080142.JPG
    P1080142.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 41
I dont remember...thats a neat example with the surplus contract TG. Actually diverted, not surplus.
Likely Chinese Standard Modells running at the same time.

Import marked Banner StandardModell s/n B60517: a "ghost ring" K98k w/ the native "S/42" "1936" markings mostly scrubbed-off the ring. Sports a matching-self "Banner K" bent bolt: s/n BG 6287.
Left siderail is slightly concave where "Mod 98" was buffed-out, & it was then re-rollstamped w/ "STANDARD-MODELL".
A total parts mix-master, am guessing that it's a SCW veteran, as the blued finish condition remains far too good for it to be a chinese refugee/rustbucket.
An offbeat note: Iskra owns B60250, & Geladen is very close @ B60514.

Last edited:
B44347

I’m guessing this is a 1933 based on the posts above. Sorry if I missed a post… all matching, but I haven’t removed the stock yet. No cartouches on the stock, finish is in good shape.

Military Rifle Journal
Back