Big Sexy Steve (not gay) Steve87's Avatar

Default M43 Cap

Hi,

Here's a nice original EM Heer M43 cap without any doubts

Regards,
    -Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful cap! Pic stickied for ref.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Beautiful cap! Pic stickied for ref.
    Most of the caps I see were apparently made for somebody with a head the size of a softball. Maybe that's why they weren't issued, or maybe the Germans were drafting pygmies.

Quote Originally Posted by Regis Rex View Post
    Most of the caps I see were apparently made for somebody with a head the size of a softball. Maybe that's why they weren't issued, or maybe the Germans were drafting pygmies.
    Good observation! Something I learned back in the 1980s- as most of the usually needed sizes were worn out long ago, originals that remain tend to be the ones never issued because they are at the edges of the range, either way too small or way too large.

That makes a lot of sense.

Big Sexy Steve (not gay) Steve87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matthanne View Post
    Good observation! Something I learned back in the 1980s- as most of the usually needed sizes were worn out long ago, originals that remain tend to be the ones never issued because they are at the edges of the range, either way too small or way too large.
    You may be right, and certainly unissued items are often in small/large sizes. I think the average young German soldier was also rather small, even compared to young North Americans of the same time. I remember reading somewhere the Germans were surprised to see how physically large American soldiers were. For this reason I've always thought of the small sizes as good period examples, maybe I'm not totally correct in my thinking but I prefer small sizes over large sizes (I've noticed most collectors are the opposite).

Thanks!
    -Steve

Perfect example Steve! Very nice.