Third Party Press

Interesting qve45, bolt group mismatch, camo paint?

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
Picked this one up in Canada. Finally! haha. A woodwork find. Base rifle is c block qve45, and in nice original untouched shape. The entire bolt group is mismatched but matches itself. The previous owner has had it close to 40 years, and told me that it had original camo paint. I dismissed it as not important at the time, I certainly didn't pay anything extra for the paint. But once in hand, I see splotches of green paint on the stock. Very faded, and under magnification, looks old and dead......wartime? I cant say, but certainly old. I think it has a good chance tho.

Last edited:
Neat rifle pal, I bet it feels good to finally find one in Canada! It's probably not going to be possible to make a definitive call on the "camo" paint, but I must say, it does look promising. Attached is a close up picture showing the shade of green used on a tricolour M42 camo helmet in my collection. I'd say it looks fairly similar.

Chris

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 4.47.57 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 4.47.57 PM.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Still a very nice G/K43 rifle Andrew. And a interesting piece too. I have too say I wish I came across more G/K43 items in my area. Only G/K43 item I have bought lately is a nice magazine pouch from some Canadian guy that collects lots of them and drinks Canadian whiskey at the forum gatherings lol.

Ha thanks guys.

Chris that paint is a great match! That's for posting it.

The good news is the gun shoots great! Kind of a collectible shooter I'd call it.

I have seen a numbers matching Walther G.43 AC45 (not K43) that had circle V marked bolt parts like this but also included the firing pin housing. Possible BCD left overs or what was salvaged after the bombing perhaps? Really cool! No way to really know what the story is but interesting to say the least!

Built my own shooters kit. This rifle shoots wonderfully. Still tosses brass but feels tame in hand. I reduced the gas port size by over half. Stock opening was .161" I think, this reduced it to .080, and I further dropped it to .060"

Cost about 1 cent. Haha just bulge the rivet slightly in the bore, not breaking off the stem. Tap out the stem. It's anchored and the head sits in the tapered portion of the piston,
So can't go anywhere. Worked perfectly for the 30 rounds I fired.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 74
Once more Andrew removes a K43 from the market. You are suffering from an illness brother, let me help.

Military Rifle Journal
Back