Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: simson karab98b

Default simson karab98b

This rifle is no big secret now thats it's over I wanted to post some photos of this rifle. I assume simson changed from e/6 to e/76 & 67 at some point ?? Also this one has the hand stamped 's' on the side of the receiver. All around a rare bird and I wanted to save the pic's here before they dissapeared.
    No barrel code shot S.S. sorry. A think a forum member bought it so maybe he can add to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mauser99; 04-16-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Yes, several of us have been following this rifle and I think everyone was surprised by the end price.

Has to be some sort of record for a later production Kar98b (f block is darn late), - the early dated rifles and through the "a" block are near impossible to find this nice, and worth $5k or more if you could find one nice and original.

Not so sure an "f" block is worth this stretch?

Anyway, looks like a nice rifle, and the acceptance pattern is consistent with others in this range. Waffenamt inspectors (IWG to 1926, WaA 1926 on) e/76, e/43 & e/67 are very common this late. Early on the most common, almost always, is e/6 and e/14, then in the “b” block you seen e/43 pop up, then increasingly a mix is seen.

Which not surprisingly would be 1927 and after (when the IAMCC leaves Germany). Obviously Germany did not start re-armament then but that was because of internal issues (Republican government and financial restraints) not so much external issues.

isn't that an "b"-block??

regards

T

I'm going to pic sticky this. Interesting rifle one doesn't see much of! If someone here got it, sure would be nice to see better pics.
    HB

Default f block

Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    isn't that an "b"-block??

regards

T
    No, its a small cursive f. Price is all relative and Duc996 was pushed up a bit in price by Brocks whom is a dealer and I suspect was looking to buy and to re-sell?? I'm not sure I can ever remeber an all matching kar98b going up in a no reserve auction before???

M99, that is true, really nice 98b rarely come up for sale on the auction sites, but they do show up.
    One of the last really nice ones was several years back (2007), a rather rare "a" block that has the "S" on top (very short range and a tough rifle- came out right after they dropped dating them).
    Because the seller was a 100% turd for brains, it only pulled a little over $1k to a member here. The seller simply refused to do good images of the rifle and it cost his a couple grand.

T, The RR "S" style here (rune like) starts in the mid-late "e" block, the "b" block is totally different and looks like a real "S".

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2 bruce98k's Avatar

Default 98b

This rifle will be detailed in the chapter on 98bs as the gun is "in the family" now.

B.
    ---- Turbo Myš ----

3 of my 4 matched ones came off online auction sites... within the last 5 years.

Default Simpson Kar98b

Here are some photos of a Karab98b bought some time ago..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Rare

99 Thanks for posting even if you didn't get it. Bruce if you got...good score.