Third Party Press

The holocaust and war crimes through the lens of ordinary German soldiers.

If you like history it is a nice thing to watch, like I initially said, it starts a bit slow but you can fast forward, an skip all the introductions, to the actual lecture.
I do enjoy learning about history thank you for the link.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is true of any subject and it is not restricted to the internet, - you do give the right answer when you stated to read the bibliography, the introduction and if possible know something of the author, his "ideology" and where his funding comes from. This is something I routinely do and have for a decade or more. I have found books on the holocaust to be very "problematic" in that they have an agenda, that they typically come with a (preconceived) conclusion and the book is simply a regurgitation of the supporting evidence... there is no objectivity, nor is there even an attempt to "examine" the subject objectively.

Perhaps the best proof of this problem is the near hysteria over any work that contradicts the "popular" line of thought, even the slightest deviation is heretical, and this attitude alone lends suspicion to the authors work. It is reminiscent of the environmental fascists who are so invested in their "research" they threaten any dissent, going so far as to seek laws to criminalize dissent. Some are such zealots, they would make a nazi blush... this is also true among the race and poverty professionals, - professional alarmists, people whose living is tied to the outcome of their "research". I question the legitimacy of any such "research" or the books that come from this type of agenda.

You were right sometime ago, on another thread, where you stated that holocaust is probably the most studied subject of WWII, - I would say the most "over studied" subject of the 20th Century, in itself it has become a faith (actually a paid profession), a faith that competes with Islam and the envirofacsist movement for its extremism and zealotry. - This alone should inspire caution in accepting their conclusions.

** Perhaps the best information on the holocaust is the postwar interrogations and some of the military reports on the subject, they seem less self-serving, - their "livelihood" wasn't tied to their research. I have also found books before the 1980's more "objective" than modern work from "professional" researchers. English authors are generally more objective than American, - though the English authors, like Overy and his ilk (college professors) are ideological lefties, they come from an era where objectivity was honored. Today the government agenda pollutes all research with its "funding" and indoctrination.

Capt14k, Perhaps you have read my Soldbuch threads on this forum, I find lots of information on the interweb but my really detailed information I still get from my books.
Information on the internet can be dangerous, specially on topics about war crimes, holocaust, etc.

Last edited:
I agree with Loewe. The only part I do have to question is how many of the interrogations were coerced? This is just another way the victor can write the history. As the saying goes there are two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My collecting started as a child of about 7 when one of the pharmacists who worked for my grandfather gave me a cigar box full of medals and insignia he took off of Germans he interrogated as a G2 officer. He was a big tall funny goofy jovial man who was a collegiate boxer and spoke some German. Pawpaw was a naval officer in WW2 and I remember them laughing about Lee's interrogation techniques which involved more of his boxing skills than German. I distinctly remember him laughing and saying "I could get most of those Krauts to say whatever I wanted them to after about an hour." I had a picture of him then and remembered that even though he had kind of a smile on his face, he looked like a big scary man with a .45 on his hip, not like the goofy and funny old guy I was seeing.

Military Rifle Journal
Back