Third Party Press

k98 Trench mag

Hi All

i just got my 1st k98 jp sauer 1939 and i got this 10 shot trench mag with it and it has no marking on it

it dose not clip in i will have to drill a new hole in the trigger guard if I wanted to use it

if any one know any info on the trench mag that would be much appreciated

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 116
Trench Mag Question

Hi there,
What ever you do don't alter this mag!
I'm not sure but I think you might have a mag for a G41!
Others more expert than me will have to confirm - but it sure looks like one to me.
Was it installed in the k98 you bought or just came with it?
Don't alter either the rifle or the mag.

This may have been a wartime conversion.
They did tKe MG13 mags and convert them to work with a k98 - occasionally.

Best regards, Chris

K98 trench mag

Hi Chris,

Thank you for replaying The guy I got the k98 off said his buddy's got a mag to make it a 10 shot and ask if I wanted it Next thing u know I have this mag I can't use on my k98 as it won't clip in and I wasn't keen on drill holes into My k98 as its still in good cont I will post some pic of it when I am back at my pc

Thanks ones again

More pics of the mag

Would any one know what it mite be worth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 44
SARCO sells a trench magazine copy (believe it holds 25 rounds) from the WWI Mauser that was used in limited numbers in WWII. I know the price is under $100 but cannot remember how much they want for it. You just need to take off the floor plate and it will pop in. It has a small plate on a chain that can be used as a disconnector for the rounds, i.e. load from a five round stripper clip and keep magazine in reserve. The magazine you have looks like it could be from a G41 but I cannot remember for sure as I sold my G41 several years ago. Harry

Trench mag

To be honest, your "trench mag" looks homemade/repro, not like the one from sarco. Not from a G41.

It will neither fit a K98 nor a G41 without significantly effing up the trigger guard.

It was probably made for a K98 but since they couldn't lock it into the forward slot, maybe they added the tongue to be attached to the front locking screw? Maybe for an intermediate length Yugo/FN receiver?

Last edited:
Hi all thank you all for the info i have attached to my k98
it fall short of the screw on the front of the trigger guard

Attachments

• IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 59
did he drill a hole into the triggerguard to get that bloody thing on??? or am I see things???????

As I suspected, the forward mounting screw is pretty much right where the intermediate length FN receivers have their locking screw. As is, the magazine box will most likely fit a Yugo Mauser. Maybe from Tito's personal collection?:laugh:

trench mag with trigger guard

Hi guys
I have tracked down the trigger guard for the trench mag i posted
It has no marking. On it and the locking screw is a m3 x6mm screw
I had to cut down a m3 x 10mm

Please see pic attached
If any one know more info thanks in advance
Thanks
Pirate jelly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg