Third Party Press

Mp44/mp44 parts kits dried up?

If I was not knee deep into my Swiss STG 57 (PE-57) build, I would paying more attention to kit prices

Pete I need to get back to you to finish up

if you follow these threads you will see I am constantly complaining about my fellow collectors, we are drive our selves out of the market, the OP of this thread bid over $ 450 for a original mag, Pit and myself bid under $300

we are our own worst enemy's

Unfortunately it's true. They'll sell at the prices the market can bear- and currently it seems that this is pretty much whatever the seller feels like asking. it's incredible seeing some not too great parts kits with destroyed receivers (torch cut) hitting well above the $6k mark on gunbroker, but unless people stop paying such prices (which won't happen), it'll continue.

If I was not knee deep into my Swiss STG 57 (PE-57) build, I would paying more attention to kit prices

Pete I need to get back to you to finish up

if you follow these threads you will see I am constantly complaining about my fellow collectors, we are drive our selves out of the market, the OP of this thread bid over $ 450 for a original mag, Pit and myself bid under $300

we are our own worst enemy's

False

I bid 350.00 for a mkb42 mag, please get your shite straight, we're on the same team here - I think.

The ending high bid was 427, so there is no way I bid 450.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/579410499/BidHistory

MKB mag?

False

I bid 350.00 for a mkb42 mag, please get your shite straight, we're on the same team here - I think.

Looking at that mag it looks to be deeply rust pitted and has to have been refinished. I'd not think it worth what it went for due to condition.
I got one marked the same at the Creek a couple times ago in excellent original condition, no rust, original finish. Paid $400 for it (I think). Was late on Sunday and had money left due to not finding much else to buy, so what the heck?
Pete

Pete I think you are correct, now that I take a closer look. Good catch glad I didn't win after all. If it's a good mag, rare or in overall great condition I don't see why 400 is an issue. I'm new though and I haven't seen the good old days.

Ima

Pete I think you are correct, now that I take a closer look. Good catch glad I didn't win after all. If it's a good mag, rare or in overall great condition I don't see why 400 is an issue. I'm new though and I haven't seen the good old days.

Yeah, IMA had torched sets at the Creek way back when for $350 or $400 best I remember WITH a mag. Mags alone were $40 or $50, maybe less if you bought more than one or two. Some guys here may remember the $$ numbers better than me. I bought 4 of those mags just cause they looked cool. I did not have a MP at the time so they must not have been too pricey.
So it goes!
Pete

False

yep was not you who paid that insane price, but you did bid the $350 you stated, for that refinished mag not worth over $275. big jump from $275-277 to $350

again driving up the price, that mag or any other mag is not worth $ 300.

again we are driving ourselves out of the market. like the fool who Paid $ 1,200 for that non-proofed MP-44 bolt from bulgaria.

I saw one most recently at the D-Day reenactment in Conneaut, Ohio a week and a half ago. Guy wanted $5200.

I missed that, where was it located? I wonder if it was the same guy who also had a G41 for $3500 (which I also didn't hear about until it was already gone).

yep was not you who paid that insane price, but you did bid the $350 you stated, for that refinished mag not worth over $275. big jump from $275-277 to $350

again driving up the price, that mag or any other mag is not worth $ 300.

again we are driving ourselves out of the market. like the fool who Paid $ 1,200 for that non-proofed MP-44 bolt from bulgaria.

Value is relative, if you don't own a single mag perhaps it's worth a little more...

electric penciled serial number = East German ( usually) so as I indicated the last one sold for $1,200 so some fool will think this is the market rate

as a capitalist small business owner I am all for what the market will bear, but to pay triple or double the going rate is foolish, I am also suspicious of these guys ( sellers) they are greedy. so they get a buddy to inflate the price

example: he guy selling the MP-44 mags. from Pa I spoke to him I made him a fair market offer to buy all his mags, he laughed and continues to set the reserve over $ 400 he is a greedy "F"

yes pit each of us are guilty of helping folks here and creating a monster if I had a KAM and you needed it, I would just your address. but I am a fellow collector not competitor

I missed that, where was it located? I wonder if it was the same guy who also had a G41 for $3500 (which I also didn't hear about until it was already gone).

It was in the German camp by where the motorcycles were parked. I didn't hear about anyone selling a G41. There was a guy who hasn't showed up for the past couple of years that is also from St. Louis. He always had this area set up with various examples of mines, including a glass mine, which i never knew existed. Could talk to him for hours at the reenactment, hopefully nothing happened to him.

Military Rifle Journal
Back