Third Party Press

Availability of K43 Trigger Housing Screws Question

Deacon

Good afternoon/evening Gentlemen:

Does anyone know of a source for original trigger housing screws for the G43/K43? I have an opportunity to purchase a K43 that is all original with the exception of the trigger housing screws, and I would want to replace them with originals if I were to purchase the rifle. (By the way I'm completely new to these rifles, so if my question seems a bit naive, my apologies in advance.)

Thank you very much for your time.

Deacon

There are sources on ebay and gunbroker from time to time. Some guys on here have various parts to come up for sale. They aren't just the most available gun part out there, but they do come up from time to time for sale. Will the rifle need both or just one?

PS: If you send me the rifle's info (serial number and what it is; Walther, BLM or Gustloff), I can see if there's any history on it through my serial number archives.

-Kelly

Hello Tiger 2 Tank,

I don't have the serial number at present, but I know it's a Walther made in the "o" block of 1944. I'll try give the guy a call tomorrow and get the serial number - and thank you very much for the lead to the screws on GunBroker (do they appear authentic?).

Deacon

Hello,
I "think" they are but the photo is a little blurry to confirm. You might ask the seller for better photos if you decide to get a set.

Interesting rifle it sounds like. "o" block is getting close to the end of the ac44's. "q" block was the last, then the ac45's start.

I would definitely stay away from these then. Sorry, I just saw them and thought it would help. Never trust blurry photos!

The screws currently on the rifle are replacement screws (from where I don't know) that happen to work to hold the trigger guard in place. Evidently the rifle was disassembled at some time, and the original trigger guard screws were lost.

Deacon

OK, let me ask another question: The screws that are currently in your rifle, do they even look anywhere close to the original screws? Do they screw in and out easily without binding or does it feel like they may have incorrect threads?

I don't have the rifle in hand, GunsKraut, but when I first spoke with the seller over the phone, I believe he said the screw heads were of the phillips type. But I think I get what your question implies, and that is that the screws in the gun now may have distorted the threads in the trigger guard - am I right? I haven't been able to get a hold of the fellow again, yet, but if there are any questions that you think I should ask him, please let me know.

Deacon

Definitely, if the threads on those repro screws twisted up the threads in the receiver, that's something I don't think you can fix. It would be a mess it sounds like. But, they may not have cross threaded the receiver screws. Just have to somehow make sure that didn't happen.

I don't have the rifle in hand, GunsKraut, but when I first spoke with the seller over the phone, I believe he said the screw heads were of the phillips type. But I think I get what your question implies, and that is that the screws in the gun now may have distorted the threads in the trigger guard - am I right? I haven't been able to get a hold of the fellow again, yet, but if there are any questions that you think I should ask him, please let me know.

If the screws are aftermarket and of the wrong thread they will be softer than the receiver which is made out of hard alloy steel,so even if the threads in the receiver need cleaning up it's easy enough to run a tap through them (6mm x 1.0)
The original screws have a pan head,with a straight slot and have notches around the circumference for the locking plunger to engage.

Military Rifle Journal
Back