Third Party Press

un-questionable M40 Q66 luft.

mauser99

Just bought two of these last nite from the grandson of a vet. Both size 66 and both lot # T1467.

This is as near mint of these as I have seen in some time. Un-issued with some slight storage damage. Id say it never even had a draw string in it. I had heard and not sure if its true a warehouse of luft gear was found out side of Paris and these helmets were part of that hord. Not sure if its true ? But a large percentage of M40 Q lufts do survive in high condition.

Also: the other is already sold. Sorry

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 36
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 32
Beautiful. No doubt those two were taken from the same depot/warehouse due to same lot#s and unissued conditions. Well done.

here are the two decals side by side. Both are different even being made so close together. Pink outlined decal has a print shift to it. Notice the white around the bottom of the swaz. That one also had the left wing tip folded during application. A more common thing on luft decals then Heer. The yellow outline decal has no shift. No signs of the white backing on the outline. Also has a ghost outline of clear backing or top coat ? Barely visible in the photos but. its there. The other doesn't have it. Just some observations and something that needs to be done when examining items.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 43
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 43
Both are of the dot variety, a common one. Some print shifts and decal app mishaps are to be expected.

here is the other. my buddy just got it in the mail yesterday.

Attachments

• luft.jpg
    luft.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 27
  • jhjhggggg.jpg
    jhjhggggg.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 17
The one you sold is very very nice too. Q seems to have a history of decal application errors. The one I am selling on the trader is an example of this.

The one you sold is very very nice too. Q seems to have a history of decal application errors. The one I am selling on the trader is an example of this.

the more you make the more errors you will find. Q made lufts are some of the most common 3r lids you will find. They made a ton of them. And with that you find errors and anomalies. They are the finest made helmet of all IMHO.

Sorry Jack maybe next time.. friend. LOL

Military Rifle Journal
Back