Third Party Press

Stg 44 ?

PMKS

Ok, I found this picture looking through the various archives for crated MP40 pictures..

These "look" like STG44/MP44's, but the grip panels and stocks look "off"

87b56a0f2d1e93eb92190f55ade0828b.jpg

Those are all
Walther Assault rifles, found in the plant. The one shown has a curved barrel attached.

I've seen this pic a hundred times and never really paid too much attention. Are those VG's in the rack behind the GI?

I've seen this pic a hundred times and never really paid too much attention. Are those VG's in the rack behind the GI?

Yes, they are. There are also some VG1 barreled actions in front of the bench along with a wooden box of G/K43 magazines & cardboard box of MKb stocks.

"HMMM, how can I pack all these in one duffel?"

Ok, I found this picture looking through the various archives for crated MP40 pictures..

These "look" like STG44/MP44's, but the grip panels and stocks look "off"

87b56a0f2d1e93eb92190f55ade0828b.jpg

There was a rusty Mkb42(W) lower on Ebay a year or so back - I had it until the last hour, it went through the roof.

Not sure what I would have done with just the lower, lol, but, these are pretty rare, I don't think I have seen parts turn up very often.
The Mkb42(H) bolts and op rods sometimes show up, with the distinctive stubby end.

I have all the books, and seen the pictures and videos, etc., but I would enjoy examining the Walther design in person.

I think it is interesting that the command structure fielded various different rifle designs at one time - to test them against each other in the hands of troops.
G41 (M) and (w)
Mkb42 (h) and (w)

Notice that the VG-1's have the cloth slings that some say were never made.

I have a ac45 VG1 that has the cloth/web sling. A G.I. brought two home, he toured the factory after its capture. He grabbed two guns off a rack and both had the same web sling. I was only able to buy the one.

There was a rusty Mkb42(W) lower on Ebay a year or so back - I had it until the last hour, it went through the roof.

Not sure what I would have done with just the lower, lol, but, these are pretty rare, I don't think I have seen parts turn up very often.
The Mkb42(H) bolts and op rods sometimes show up, with the distinctive stubby end.

I have all the books, and seen the pictures and videos, etc., but I would enjoy examining the Walther design in person.

I think it is interesting that the command structure fielded various different rifle designs at one time - to test them against each other in the hands of troops.
G41 (M) and (w)
Mkb42 (h) and (w)

Pit, I remember that auction, around August/September 2014. A guy from Germany must have struck rusty gold when digging around the perimeter of the former Zella-Mehlis plant (that's where he was located). He retrieved lots of interesting parts in various stages of decay, such as original e/359 proofed G43 scope mounts, MKb 42 (W) trigger groups, VG1 receiver and bolts, G/K43 bolts, receivers and more.

I remember standing far back in the line snaking around the parking lot of the Costa Mesa gun show in August 2014, browsing eBay on my Android out of sheer boredom, and there it was, the MKb trigger group! Couldn't believe my eyes. And as you said, the seller had no clue at all. His/her eBay screen name was "johannarumpelstilzchen".

My dad

It was my dad's unit that captured this factory. I've got some pictures somewhere at home of this factory.
He sold all the guns he had aquired, P38's, Lugers etc., when I was born as he needed the money.
He was a First Sgt. by the end of the war. Joined the National Guard to avoid the draft and Roosevelt mobilized them the next day.
On his discharge under prior service it states "National Guard one day". He had a full duffel bag of "stuff" on the ship coming back to the states, but In his words "some crooked son of a b***h stole everything I looted.
Some rare guns in that photo!

It was my dad's unit that captured this factory. I've got some pictures somewhere at home of this factory.
He sold all the guns he had aquired, P38's, Lugers etc., when I was born as he needed the money.
He was a First Sgt. by the end of the war. Joined the National Guard to avoid the draft and Roosevelt mobilized them the next day.
On his discharge under prior service it states "National Guard one day". He had a full duffel bag of "stuff" on the ship coming back to the states, but In his words "some crooked son of a b***h stole everything I looted.
Some rare guns in that photo!

My oh my I hope you can find and share those pics. I feel your dad's pain as the only things my gramp got home were the items he shipped. Paul Allen needs to prospect in NY harbor as I'm sure there's tons of loot filled duffels on the bottom.

Military Rifle Journal
Back