Third Party Press

SS Geew98 to K98 conversion

Just an update, but it's not a "lazy S", it's a lazy M. At least, that's what "Backbone of the Wehrmacht" says. They had a pic of one.

Star

I have a k98 that i recently found a skull on it also has a star on the barrel halfway down and // ~ markings were these ss proofings?

I am not an expert, but I have seen a star on some barrels and TS marked on others. They are not all the same.

Brian

Just an update, but it's not a "lazy S", it's a lazy M. At least, that's what "Backbone of the Wehrmacht" says. They had a pic of one.

There's a little confusion here because its two different markings discussed here. Yours is correct and looks like the letter M squished down above the skull. The lazy S, which may be more common looks like the letter S but it is laying on its side. Hence the term "lazy S". Two separate markings, both correct.

I'd give my left nut for one of these, if only I could find one! Or money order if preferred!!!! Ha!

I am not an expert, but I have seen a star on some barrels and TS marked on others. They are not all the same.

Brian

Cheers, sorry bit off topic of gew98's but It also has these markings ~~ with what looks like top of a 2 with // like 2// Any idea on them? Also how do i tell if the barrel has been re/worked? The barrel has a ser of 0184 but the rest is 962? Does that mean it's a replaced barrel? Thanks.

tia.png

Vše

Obrázky
Mapy
Zprávy
Videa

Více
Nástroje

Přibližný počet výsledků: 194 000 000 (0,40 s)

Čeština

Angličtina

SS Totenkopf brand, 2nd division, SS Benešov Training Polygon, Czech Republic

Attachments

• mauser SS Totenkopf.jpg
    mauser SS Totenkopf.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 46

Military Rifle Journal
Back